#113 | knj

Looking from across the street, you watched as they walked together, smiling and laughing like idiots. Ugh. It's something you used to do with him but now that he's close to her, he somehow forgot about you. But what else could you do? She's his happiness.

It always happens when your guy bestfriend finds a girlfriend. You didn't feel good about it, even worse when you saw him more than just a bestfriend.

You felt someone nudge your shoulder.
"Hey Aeri!", you turned to see who it was.

"Oh, Hoseok!", you forced a smile.

"What are you looking at?", he tried looking at wherever you used to gaze at.

"O-oh, nothing..", you looked down.

"Should I walk you home?", he offered and you smiled & nodded.

It always felt different, probably because you were used to Namjoon. But you managed to talk casually, since Hoseok was a really outgoing person.

On the way to your apartment, you talked about school, most likely lessons, test, and homework.

You remembered, the Literature assignment. You couldn't even focus on the lesson a while ago. And if there's someone who could help you, he's not beside you anymore.

"Uhh, Hoseok?", you started.

"Yeah?"

"Can you help me on our Literature assignment?", you shyly asked.

"Of course! Besides, we're just a stair away from each other so, sure why not." He lived in the same apartment, though he was on the third floor, while you were on the second.

"Jinjjayo? Thanks!", you exclaimed while you noticed you were already infront of the building. You went up to the second floor as he followed you into your apartment room.

"It's.. quite messy..", you laughed a little.

"It's okay, mine is messy too," he chuckled as you let him sit on the couch.

You placed down your bags and took out the homework.

You spent an hour while Hoseok discussed the lesson with you, and then later on he helped you with the homework itself.

"Okay, that's done!"

"Jeongmal kamsahamnida~", you bowed and smiled with hands clasped together.

"It's not that hard. But would you mind if I ask why you couldn't focus? I noticed that you couldn't focus not just Literature period but the whole day," he explained.

"Oh.. uh..", you sighed.

"Is it because of Namjoon, going out with Jinyoon?", he tried to speak softly.

You pursed your lips but never nodded.

"Ah, I take that as a yes. Honestly, Namjoon is just taking an elevator straight to heartbreak. Is he really not aware of Jinyoon's lies?", he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I don't know, he's blind," you shrugged.

"You like him don't you?", he asked but you stayed quiet. "Aaand I'll take that as a yes."

"I'll help you." He smiled slyly .

-

You were walking along the hallway to your classroom with Hoseok. He casually put his arm around your shoulder, treating you like a younger one.

You noticed how some students gave you stares. "I guess she and Namjoon broke up and have new lovers." You heard someone whisper. The heck?
You were never in a relationship with him. Never had you imagined.