#66 | ksj

"Mommy, ice cream, please!", she smiled at me, her whole face resembling his father.

"Aww, my little angel is so cute, but you've had too many sweets today, Jaejin," you pouted.

"Last one, please! I won't eat any sweets tomorrow," she pouted back with some aegyo.

"Alright, alright," you searched through your sling bag for your wallet but she was already off at the ice cream booth.

When you found your wallet you walked up to her and saw her holding a cone with strawberry ice cream.

"Oh, sweetie, who bought you that?", you looked down at her and she pointed at a tall guy paying the vendor.

You bowed at the figure and mumbled
"Kamsahamnida."

You then saw his face and eventually recognized his eyes. He was wearing a mask but you were very very sure that it was him.

You avoided his eyes and took Jaejin away. "Let's go Jae," you held her small hands and started to walk away.

"Wait." You stopped but didn't look back. You didn't wanna meet him and disturb his career.

"Hyunjae." The familiar voice called out.

"Jae?", your daughter walked towards him, as you hesitantly turned to him.

You raised an eyebrow and you hands started to shake. 4 years ago, you had Jaejin. But 4 years ago, you also ended your relationship with Jin.

Whenever you recall those memories, you just hear glass shattering and it just makes you cover your ears and cry.

You watched as his back disappeared, holding onto the edge of the table, making the glass fall off when you moved. Your ears were deafened by the sound of the shattering glass.

He came closer as Jaejin held his left hand. He took your hand as you looked everywhere but your eyes, fighting the urge to cry, as you heard the sound of the shattering glass again.

He pulled you into a hug as you just stood there, and closed your eyes as tears finally rolled down.

His body against yours was a warm feeling, but knowing it won't last too long just makes you want to run away.

"Mommy, why are you crying?", your angel looked up at you.

Jin quickly pulled away and looked at your eyes, cupping your cheek with his hand.

You held his hand that held your cheek and gently kissed his palm.
"Wae geurae?", you whispered.

Tears still streamed down your cheeks but you couldn't fight the urge to hold him. It's just for a while, you probably won't see him after this so you just did.

You slowly took off his hand from your cheek but he still held your hand.

"I'll be playing at the playground, mommy," she ran off as you yelled, "don't go too far"

He pulled his mask down a little, then leaned closer and kissed your forehead.

"Jeongmal bogoshiposo,"
Trans: "I really missed you"
He mumbled without pulling away.

"How long is this gonna be? Tell me... Tell me!", you cried, afraid to lose the moment. You didn't want to have another moment that you know will never leave your mind. Moments with him always invaded your mind. Throught the four years, you barely forgot about him.

"Why didn't you tell me.. I've been trying to find you all these years the moment I knew about her..", he said softly.

"W-who told you?", you stuttered.