#41 | ksj

You sat up from your sleeping position, panting heavily.

On the corner of your eyes, he was rubbing his eyes and also sat up, turned the lamp on.

"Minha-ssi, what's wrong? Had a nightmare?", his sleepy voice says as you nod your head. He pulls you back down on the bed but slightly leaning against the pillows on a higher position. He turned your face to him and wiped your tears with his thumb. He kissed your forehead and spoke, "I'm listening."

"Y- you... Jin... you broke up with me.." you say while you bury your face in his chest.

"Babe, it's just a bad dream. I would never leave you, it won't come true, I promise.."

*************************************

I guess promises are really meant to be broken. And dreams do come true, even nightmares.

I sat on the corner of the coffee shop, admiring the busy streets of Seoul as the sun was starting to set and skies were turning dark.

It's been a two years, I miss your presence.

Why does love need to be painful?

Why did you have to leave?

I looked at the cup of coffee that used to be warm. It was getting cold since it had been there for a long time. I barely sipped on it as steam covered the lenses of my glasses. I ordered it just so I can stay at this place. Rain had started pouring and skies were turning darker than ever. It's impossible to get home, ugh.

People inside the café were lessening while the sound of a bell kept ringing inside the room as people exited.

Another bell after another. Until I was the only one left. That's what I thought.

Looking around, there was nobody else, except for some guy who had just entered, and I was too busy on looking around I didn't notice he stood infront of me.

I looked up at him with a confused look. "Uhmm?—", my whole body stiffened and froze. I couldn't speak a word.

"Oh, Minha?.. h-hey," he says, also as shocked as I was.

"Ah, m-mianhae.. I'll s-sit somewhere ..else t-then," he says while bowing.

I awkwardly nod and pretend to sip on your coffee which I was slightly disgusted with since it wasn't hot anymore.

He stole glances from time to time, I surely noticed that. But how would I see if I wasn't staring back, alright, I admit I was also staring but eh, can you blame me?

Seeing you... it hurts but at the same time, it was strangely.. happy.

I can't even look at you in the eye. I know you can't do the same too.

My heart started to thump as my hands started shaking. I carefully placed the cup of coffee down on the table infront of me as I looked out the window, questions invading my troubled mind.

Why did he purposely sit on this familiar corner?

He didn't notice me here too.

The whole room was empty but why there?

Memories start to flash infront of my eyes as my heart breaks in the sad thought of us parting ways.

*************************************

"Uh, is this seat taken?", the man with a small grin said as I shook my head.

--

"Stop crying, Minha.. I'm here now," he says as he stood right infront of me, as I hugged him tightly, not caring about the people around.