#13 | jhs

her sparkly eyes hid the pain
the doubt in love

he opened them
and made her believe in love

—•—————🌙—————•—

"I love you Miyoung," your father tucked you in bed and went away.

-the next day

"Mommy? Where is dad?" You clinged onto your mom's hand. You noticed that she had a tear-stained face.

"I don't know either, dear."

—7 years old you

"Your father left you because your eomma is a slut!"

"Go away, Miyoung!"

A group of girls were bullying you, as they always do whenever it was dismissal.

You were pushed down by the tallest of the girls, you felt your knees get bruised as a tear was threatening to fall.

You didn't want to cry, again. Infront of them. A boy stood infront of them and yelled, "yah! Stop it!"

He was kind of tall, taller than you. You have never seen him around. Neither was he wearing a uniform.

He looked like your age. But what captured you the most, was his bright puffy cheeks. He offered his hand, and it took 5 seconds before you accepted it. You thanked him and ran away.

—2 years later

It was a saturday, you were eating your breakfast as your mom rushed as she packed her handbag.

"I have to go Miyoungie, Eomma will come home, I love you!", she kissed your forehead and ran out. She was about to go to work.

6:57PM

Your home telephone rang and you were taught to answer it whenever your mom was not around.

"Miyoung? It's your aunt, Aera.. your mom... please don't get too shocked... your mom... she...she's gone" Your aunt said in between sobs.

"She...no! Not a funny prank," you laughed bitterly.

"I'm sorry dear, she was hit by a truck, I'll come by in an hour, Miyoung."

( 22 years old )

"Hey, what can I get you?" You forced a smile.

"I'll get a Mocha Latte, please", the last customer stated as it was almost 11 at night.

You changed out of your uniform and locked the doors. You closed the café and walked home. It was really cold outside.

—the next day

You wake up, panting, with tears staining your cheek.

You had another nightmare. You always did eversince your mother died.

You wash your face and went down to eat the leftover burger you had from yesterday.

After eating, you decided to take a shower. You wanted to see the first day of winter.

You had always loved snow. It somehow gives you warmth despite of its coldness. It gives you serenity, you never had that much friends, so you considered snow as your friend.

Strange but deep.

You changed into a beige coat with sweater and black leather pants inside.

You were walking towards the bay when you bumped onto someone, causing you both to fall over in an awkward position.

You quickly apologized as he also did. You continued your way when you noticed that he was following? you. You thought to yourself, maybe he's just going there too.

The same guy catched up with you and faced your way as you both walked.

"Hey, miss. Are you heading to the bay too?" He shyly said with a half-hearted smile

"Uhh, yeah? Waeyo?", you turned to face him with one eyebrow up.

"Mind if I come with you? I'm not with anyone and I'm guessing neither are you," you could really tell he was taking all of his courage to talk.

You giggled at the sight and replied, "sure."

part 2 soon