#16 | jhs

(dont read if you haven't read #13. this is the second part of it)

It has been 2 weeks since you met. He always called and texted you then.

It's a Saturday and he asked you to meet up with him at the park.

You got dressed and went to the park.

You see him leaning on the tree, facing towards the sea. You went towards him and greeted him.

"What is it that you wanted to tell me?", you muttered as you both sat down on the nearby bench.

"Well," he took your hand and placed it on his. "I..I think I like you."

"You don't even know me well. We've only just met two weeks ago. You just think that, but I'm sure that's nothing more", you kept an expressionless face as you spoke.

His lips began to frown but came back and smiled half-heartedly.

"I really do. But okay, I respect your decision. I can wait," he let go of your hand after he spoke.

"You'll wait forever."

"I wouldn't mind. As long as it's worth it. As long as I'll be with you, love," he smirked.

"Stop being so overacting. Love isn't real," you coldly said.

"I'll make you believe", he forced a smile that came from a frown.

"Whatever. I'm going home"

"I'll walk you home, kaja"
He walked as you trailed behind him. He knew where your house was but he has never went inside.

"Byeee, Mimi!", Hoseok waved and beamed a smile.

"Bye," you smiled and went back to your usual cold expression.

You were thinking about those words he said. It meant nothing much to you, but nobody has ever said that to you.

Another reason why is because you never really let boys do so.

— the next day

You wake up to a text on your phone.

Hoseok Jung
: ice cream? movie? park? beach?

You reply saying
: i don't want to go out. lets just watch a movie, come over. don't you dare do anything foolish though.

— 20 minutes later, after taking a shower and getting dressed, the door bell rang and you opened it, revealing Hoseok, who is wearing a black mask. He was wearing a plain white shirt with a pair of sweatpants. He handed you a bag with burger, fries, and Ice cream. He also had a laptop bag on his other hand.

You watched a movie, actually 5 movies, until it was late in the afternoon.

He just went home and you are lying on the sofa, stomach full of food. You were muttering to yourself, "no, don't you dare fall."

— it's been a month and you have been closer to each other.

Your phone vibrated as you were eating lunch, alone, as always.

Hobi
: movie night?

You replied a short, "okay"

The doorbell rang and you rushed while ruffling your wet hair. You just took a bath and you are wearing an oversized t-shirt accompanied by denim shorts. He was holding a bag which was from the nearby convinience store. He got your favorite ice cream and also bought cup noodles.

You both ate peacefully while watching.

He checked his phone and it was quite early to go home. The rainy weather was perfect, you always loved the sound of rain.

"The weather is perfect for long talks, mind if I ask you something?", his face got serious as he faced you. You hummed in response.

"Love. Why don't you believe in it?"

Your bad memories flash back inside your head. You feel like you couldn't control it, you wanted to forget it.

He was shocked to see you closing you eyes as your tears flowed down. You were covering your ears because you kept hearing the 'i love you's in your head.

He went closer to you and hugged you as your face was buried in his chest.

"I'm sorry.. Mianhae, I didn't know...", he was clearly worried.

"You can tell me, but I won't force you", he rubbed your hair as you continued to sob.

Soon after you pulled away when you stopped crying, you finally spoke.

Maybe it's time for someone to know, he does look like he has good intentions. You knew you couldn't live like this anymore.

"Well..", you started to speak about your past as you held back the tears.

You both realized that it was kinda late. You were so comfortable with someone around, not the usual lonely You.

"its getting late, i'll get going. you'll get through this, i'm here for you.", he said as he stood up.

"but it's raining, hoseok", you tried to stop him.

"I love you, good night, byeee mimi", he ran in the rain.

You realized something.

You chased him for 10 seconds until you slipped. He stopped as he noticed you. He ran towards you and offered his hand.

He is the boy, the one that helped you when you were bullied back then. That hand, nobody has offered a hand since that day he did. Nobody bothered to offer a hand whenever you were bullied. Another flashback, a part of it hurts but his memory overcomes the sadness.

"What are you doing?! you'll get sick!"

"hey," you said panting as you took his hand and stood up.

"i guess i do love you", you said as you were both soaked in the rain.