#25 | kth

continuation of #23

You wake up seeing nobody beside you, you look around and scratch your head. Yup, nobody.

You went downstairs and smell the scent of pizza. It was still quite hot, so you're guessing Taehyung just left. You open your fridge seeing a tub of ice cream. You open the pizza box and there was a note.

"stop frowning, princess. it makes me sad to see you like that :( i had practice, sorry for leaving early"

You smiled as you finished reading the note. He knew your favorites. Whenever you had a bad day, he would always come over and leave this when he goes.

You grabbed your phone and tapped on his name on the screen among the many ones.

You decided to take a shower as your head started to hurt.

***********************************

It was already 6:00 in the evening when Taehyung replied.

"I'm sorry if I didn't reply fast, I had practice. I'm sorry princess :( "
You rolled your eyes but smiled at his cuteness. The way he calls you princess had always made your heart flattered.

The whole day, you were lying on your couch since you weren't feeling well. Your head was hurting, you felt cold even though it was a warm day.

You opened your fridge, seeing nothing left. You decided to go out to buy noodles. Your body felt heavy as you walked towards the convinience store. You took one cup noodle and payed. Just as you were about to walk out, rain poured heavily.

You didn't bring an umbrella. Great. Just great.

You checked the weather forecast on your phone and it was gonna get heavier in the next hours.

You decided to run home, and get wet in the rain. When you were crossing the pedestrian lane, your body weakened in the middle. Your vision slowly turned black as you heard someone call your name.

*************************************

You wake up, in an unfamiliar place. There were bright lights around you.
A hospital.
You looked to the right seeing a man napping on the bed while sitting.
You ran your fingers through his hair, causing him to wake up. He smiled at you and said, "are you okay? You fainted a while ago, good thing I was also crossing, you could've been hit by a car or something. You worried me! Its my fault anyway for leaving you."

You smiled and caressed his cheek, "you're the only one who cares."

"Ari, don't say that, you're a lovely person, you're my princess," his smile turned into a frown.

"I want to go home, please" you mumbled.

"Alright, princess"

************************************

"Ari, lets drop by at my dorm first, I'll take some of my clothes," he says as you turn to a street which is clearly not going towards your apartment.

"What? W-why?", you ask.

"I'm gonna stay there for a few weeks, you're clumsy but cute, princess. I don't want something worse to happen to you," he smiled at you and turned his eyes back on the road.

************************************

"W-wait.. but where are you.. gonna sleep?", you ask as he puts down his backpack.

"Hmm, yeah. On the couch, I guess? You decide," he says as he sits on the couch and you sit next to him.

"Eh, I'd be too guilty if I let you sleep here, it's too hot out here, just sleep in my room then," you shrugged your shoulders and layed down changing your sitting position to lying down on the couch.

Your knees were folded so you wouldn't touch Taehyung. He noticed that you were quite shivering so he hurried up to your room and took a blanket and placed it over you.

"Are you really okay, princess?", he says as he sits down beside you.
You slowly nod and slightly close your eyes.

"Oh, shoot, it's 12:31 at midnight, come on let's go to your room," he offers a hand and side-hugs you as you climb up and enter your room.

You collapse on the bed and get under the blanket. You turn on the air conditioner but not too cold.

He sits beside you and slowly lays his back at the pillows, not really lying down.

He notices that you kept breathing onto your hands to make it warm. He held both of your hands with his and kisses it.
"So.. cold.." you mumble with your eyes closed.
He slowly lays down beside you and puts his arms around you. He leans in and kisses your forehead.

"Aish, why do you have to get hurt everytime I see you? Why did you stay with that pabo Minhyuk anyway? Why.. do.. I love.. You..", he whispers, barely audible.

"If only—", he was cut off by you.

"I knew?", you smile brightly at him ans he was clearly surprised.

"A—ari? I thought you..", he says with a soft voice.

"If only you knew, I think I love you too.."

"Y-you w-what?", he stutters.

"Oh, let me rephrase that. I love you. I didn't realize that after all these years, I'm such a pabo," you chuckle.

*************************************

"Jagi!", a soft voice was heard from the kitchen.

"Taehyung?", you stand up from your bed and walk towards where the sound was coming from.

"Good morning, my Queen!", he beams a smile as he flips the pancake he is cooking.

"B-but I don't want you to be just a rebound?", you frown at him.

"It's okay, as long as I'm with you. I'll help you move on and when you're done with that, I'll make sure I'm the first one to hold you," he flashes an assuring smile and pecks your forehead.

You hold his shoulders, tiptoe and peck his lips.

Sometimes, you have to get hurt to know what you deserve, and who you truly love.