#65 | jhs

Euphoria; Epiphany

She's your euphoria,
I'm just your epiphany.

"Are you.. okay?", you said as he breathed heavily.

"I'm fine, I got this," he smiled weakly.

A knock on the door was heard and a nurse came in with a tray of medicine and water.

"May I?", you asked an the nurse kindly nodded.

You adjusted the bed so Hoseok will be sitting up a little. You helped him take in two medicines with a glass of water.

The nurse left as you changed the position of the bed again, to a slightly flat one.

Everyday, it just hurts to see him like that. He doesn't deserve it. It's been weeks since he stayed in the hospital.

Nobody else was there except you. He didn't bother calling his parents since they were too old and tired to go from Gwangju to Seoul, however, he told them the situation and they talked to you,  asking you to take care of their son.

You looked at Hoseok as he was already staring at you. He reached out for your head as you went closer to him. He tucked in some stray strands of hair into your ears after giving you a sweet smile.

"What am I going to do without you?"

But you're just, a friend.

On his side, you were his beautiful epiphany. You made him realize how stupid he has been, being just one of the boys his 'girl' was dating. He was nothing to her.

But he meant everything to you.

"I don't know?," you joked as you both laughed.

Your phone rang and your boss was calling. You excused yourself and answered it.

"Yeoboseyo"
"Ms. Kim, I just want to remind you that you need to submit your paperworks tonight."
"Got it, sir. Thanks," and with that you hung up.

"Hoseok-ah... I have to go now, I'll come back later. Will you be okay here?", you said with a disappointed face.

He frowned for second and then gave you a smile. "I'll be okay, thanks again, Yuki."

"Are you sure?", you said as he nodded.

"Arasseo, bye~", you stood up and grabbed your bag.

You took a bus to your workplace and did a lot of paperworks for almost 5 hours.

Time check: 8:12. You were finally done with your paperworks so you decided to buy take out dinner and eat with Hoseok.

After passing by a take-out restaurant, you went straight to the hospital.

You opened the door knob and saw that he was sleeping. You stepped in silently and placed the paper bag on the table.

"I shouldn't wake him up, he must be tired. Haha, tired of laying down," thoughts invaded your mind.

You sat on the small couch and played with your phone. Just when you unlocked your phone, you saw him move in the corner of your eyes.

"You're awake already?", you asked.

"How long have you been there?", he asked back.