#118 | jjk

Requested by: whiteeangel_

You opened your locker, not even surprised to see a rose. It's been a month since someone kept sending a rose, slipping it in the gaps of the locker door.

You sighed and rolled your eyes. You didn't really like way too sweet people.

"Heeeey," someone tapped on your shoulder as you turned around.

"Jungkookie! I'll just put my books inside, wait for me." You ruffled his hair instead of him doing it to you.

Jungkook was your bestfriend, and though he was older than you, you treated him like a little brother. His baby face always makes him look young in your eyes.

You left the roses piling up on the bottom of your locker, some of them were dying.

You neatly placed the books inside your locker, turning around to a grinning bunny.

He held his hand out and you automatically held onto it. Just like everyday, you walk home together.

You were almost infront of your house when he tripped.

"Jungkook, are you okay?"

"I just fell for you."

You laughed at his joke, which made him stand up with an dissatisfied face.

"I'm not kidding," his eyebrows creased.

"Oh. What?"

"I like you."

You covered your mouth in disbelief.

"Those roses, they were from me."

"B-but..", you were honestly speechless.

"W-what..?", he was already disappointed even though you haven't even spoke further yet.

"I.. I'm sorry.. I only see you as.. a brother," you looked down. It felt like you couldn't control your words, but deep inside, you wanted to say something else. You were just afraid.

His lips formed a frown, but he still forced a small smile. "I— I understand"

the roses withered, and
so did his feelings.

-

"Jungkook!— oh.. Eunwoo..", you tried to keep the smile.

"Noona, someone wanted to give you this rose," he handed you a yellow carnation.

« a yellow carnation
which means 'rejection'

You sighed and dropped it on the bottom of your locker.

After that, you walked home alone.
The next few weeks were boring. Mostly because Jungkook wasn't by your side anymore. You missed him.

It was then that you realized, it was the loneliest without him. You felt empty.

After all, the hardest thing for you was expressing your feelings, most likely love. You were afraid of getting hurt. You felt like Jungkook was too fragile. You were also afraid of hurting him.

One day, You were walking along the hallway when you saw his familiar figure.
He was leaning on the wall with his hands in his pocket.

"Maybe I should tell him," you sighed and fiddled with your fingers, slowly making your way without him noticing you.

You were just one feet away from him when a girl came up to him.

"Jagiya!"

It was enough for you to turn around and walk away, emotions building up as you run to wherever.

You ended up infront of your locker, you quickly threw the books inside, wanting to go home quickly and not pour out your tears at school.

It was impossible. After seeing those roses that had withered and died, you just cried.

You picked them up and placed it in a box, keeping it under your bed.

You hated yourself for being like that.

You spent sleepless nights, and most days were horrible. You looked ugly due to crying every night. You lost a diamond. And you couldn't do anything about it anymore.

-

You bumped into someone, making you drop your phone. You picked it up, as the screen showed 11:11 AM.

You wished to look up, to him alone and not with a girl.

"Hey Yeojin!", he seemed okay. Probably a hundred times better than you were.

"H-hey," you forced a smile, as your eyes trailed off to the girl beside him.

You wished that was you.

But time can't be reversed, and it already happened.

All you could do was try to forget.

a/n: hi (: