#17 | jjk

You walk down the hallway with books in your hand. It was dismissal and you were struggling with so many books.

Suddenly, but as expected, you dropped your books. As you kneeled down to get the books, you notice that one of them is inside a classroom. You hear someone's voice echo around that room. As you reach the book, you realize that he was singing. You turn to see a pale boy, with a tear-stained face. He still managed to sing beautifully despite him crying.
Your mind fights over walk over to him or turn around and go. You put down your books on a nearby armchair and come near him.
He was cutting. He looked familiar.

"h-hey? don't cut yourself," you whisper as you kneel down infront of him. He was sitting down on the floor hugging his legs at the corner of the room.

"go away," he says coldly and firmly.

You looked at him one last time then turned away. You were startled when he called you.
"wait, stop."
"turn around," he said as his eyebrows were up.

"Aerin?", he said as he stood up and walked towards you.

"h-how do you..know m-my name?", you took a step backwards.

"i missed you so much! how are you? are you ok? how have you been? do you remember—" he hugs you tight as you stand there frozen.

"ah, mianhae? let me see your face if i know you," you said as you slightly pulled away.

He held your shoulders and smiled at you.

"oh my, are you... jeon jungkook?", you muttered.
"yes! yes i am!", he said excitedly with his bunny smile, you suddenly remember some things and your head hurts. Blackness takes over and you slowly pass out.

You wake up inside a quite familiar living room. It's not your house either. You look around and see a boy sitting down beside you. As soon as he saw that you were awake, he puts some of your hair behind your ear and kisses your forehead.

"Kookie?", you tilt your head in unsureness.

"Yes, love," he smiled softly.

"You must be my.. boyfriend?", you sit up from your past position.

He was relieved that you didn't say 'ex'

But you did.

"or ex?"

"Yes, I'm really happy to hear that. How did you know though?", he smiled and it was clearly half-hearted.

"My bestfriend, Minhyun has been telling me.. anyway, are we still..? you know..." you scratch your neck.

"I want to, if its okay for you?", he pulled you closer as you rest your head on his chest.

"I'm willing to do my best to fall in love with you again," you said.

You've waited for this day for so long. You were stalking him on social media while you were at America for therapy. You felt bad for leaving him. Your bestfriend has told you so many good things about him and your relationship. That he was willing to wait until you would get your memory back. He also felt bad for being the reason of your Amnesia. Even though not literally.

—• flashback
He was absent today at school. No one could walk you home. You received a text exactly when you stepped out the school gate.

you
: why r u absent

kookie love
: i'm sick

He replied to the text that you sent during break time.

You hurriedly went towards the pharmacy and bought medicine. You were crossing the road when a bright light that you believed was from a truck, was at your right side. Your memories from childhood until yesterday flashed before your eyes.

—• end

"And I'll do my best to make you fall in love again," he kissed your forehead and you smiled.

It was a familiar place, in his arms. Again. Finally.