#108 | pjm

"Hey... uhh, please don't do that..", you heard someone worriedly say behind you. You stood on the edge of the building, but you weren't really planning to jump. The heights were where you found calm, so you decided to stand there. You wanted some alone time, rethinking about the recent happenings in your life.

You tried to ignore the voice since you couldn't recognized who it could be. You didn't even want to find out.

You were very, as in very, startled when someone tapped on your shoulder, making you stumble a few steps, falling out of balance, it was as if time stopped, and you were sure that your death is near, or not near, now.

His arms extended, quickly grabbing yours as you hung there, slanted while your life depended on him.

The moment was so surreal, that you unconsciously fainted. He pulled you strongly, making your weak body land on his chest.

He was still wearing that hospital gown as he looked down at you, holding your body close so you wouldn't fall over since you had no strength to stand up.

He carried your body back inside the building, the hospital.

You woke up in daze. Did that really happen? He kept saving you.

He was at the hospital because you almost got hit by a car but he pushed you away, resulting you to fall over on the other side of the street but he was the one hit by the car. He's been recovering for a week, fortunately, his injuries were only minor ones.

He's an actual guardian angel. Even his face says it all.

And then now? Well, he caused you to be in that situation, startling you. It must be normal for him to do that, like, who would let someone die infront of him when he can do something. But no.

The first time you met him was a week ago, where he saved you from getting hit by a car. Although, he seems awfully familiar. Looking at him makes your head hurt.

You tilted your head to the other side, only to see him sitting on a chair, napping on your bedside.

His black hair contrasted his fair skin. And that necklace. You have the same one. It's a half heart, just like yours.

After a few minutes of staring at him, he shot his head up, awake.

"Oh, how long have you been awake?", he asked.

"Uh, just now..", you said awkwardly while sitting up.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry if I—", he murmured but you interrupted him.

"No, it's okay, it's not your fault. I should be more sorry for causing you to be here inside the hospital for a week," you looked down.

"Anything for you," he said with a soft voice.

"Why are you so... you know, cautious with me and why'd you save me?", you asked in complete confusion. A stranger. Is he a stranger?

I want to protect you now, since I couldn't do it before. That was what he wanted to say. But he couldn't.

"..humanity, I guess?", he covered up the emotions building up inside of him.

It killed him when he couldn't protect you back then. Worse when that happened to you because of him. Even more when he knew about your condition. He'd rather get hit by a car a multiple times just to save you, than you forgetting memories. He hated how you were the one who got hurt instead of him.

You nodded your head slowly, but to you, his reason wasn't reasonable.

"I'll get going now," he stood up with a small polite smile.