#157 | jjk

REQUESTED BY | cookiesnclifford

"Hyung, do you think Julia is ever gonna wake up?" Jungkook asked the older one.

"He'll wake up, Jungkook. Your girlfriend is a fighter, don't worry," Jimin replied assuringly.

7 months had passed, but Julia was still in coma — asleep and never waking.

Jungkook was never tired of waiting, but as months passed, he was losing hope. With downed thoughts, he entered the hospital room, sitting down next to her motionless body.

"Jagiya.." He caressed her hair that was once short, but now longer as months passed.

"If you can hear me... please wake up.. Tomorrow is new year's eve, and I don't want to spend the new year alone - without you."

He holds onto her cold hand, which never gripped his. "I'll wait, okay?"

"I love you." He kissed her forehead and then stood up, leaving the silent room with his loved one on her own.

___________

Fireworks lit up the sky, but despite the noise, the world, to Jungkook, was quiet. Every colorful thing was mono.

While everyone danced in happiness of another year, Jungkook stood there, staring into the distance, frustrated that Julia wasn't there to hold his hand.

He looked up at the sky, once again starting to lose hope that his girlfriend would wake up. It had been such a long wait. More than 8 months felt like forever.

He hated the fact that he couldn't hug her, kiss her, or hold her. Because she was motionless, just a weak body never getting out of the hospital bed.

Jungkook received a brotherly nudge from Taehyung, who had now kept him accompanied. "Hey, stop thinking about it."

"How? I wish I could." He sighed, breathing out the cold air.

"Keep yourself busy. Soon you'll realize that time went by fast and Julia is already awake by then." He smiled, trying to keep the younger one's head up.

______________

"Hi, jagiya. You're still so pretty even when you're pale," Jungkook giggled bitterly, hiding the fact that the only thing that made him weak was seeing you weak.

He sat down and placed the pink roses inside the vase that stood by the nightstand. She was getting better, but Jungkook was clueless.

"I couldn't spend the new year with you." He sighed, almost at the verge of crying, holding her hand again.

"But... it's fine! We've got more new years to spend soon, right?" He smiled, not noticing how a tear had rolled down his cheeks.

"I will never get tired of waiting. I promise you that." He kissed her forehead and once again, left the room.

He wished he could stay there everyday, but he knew he had to continue his life; even if she wasn't there to support him. For now.

_______________

"Jungkook," Namjoon spoke in a serious tone, which made the boy nervous.

"Y-yes hyung?"

"Come to the hospital.. now." His words were very convincing, so Jungkook hung up and hurriedly went as he said.

He quickened his pace, seeing that he was nearly there. Standing outside the door of Julia's room, Jungkook's heart was torn.

Nobody was there, no body laid on the bed. It hurted, more than the sight of just her laying there motionless.

"S-she's.. gone..?" He mumbled, entering the cleaned room.

His emotions made him break down into tears, as he stared at the bed that used to be where his girlfriend layed weakly with her eyes closed and never opened

His breath was hitching as he cried harder, and then it all ended.

Jungkook felt a familiar presence, and then a hand tapped his shoulder.

Julia stood there with a soft smile, wearing a hospital gown with a banana milk in hand, "want some?"

Jungkook sighed in relief as she embraced her into a hug, feeling how much he missed her. He was so enlightened since his long wait had finally ended.

He could hold her whenever he wanted now that she's awake. Jungkook thought it was hopeless, but they were both fighting to be with each other again.

And so they did.

"Surprise," Namjoon entered the room with five more boys, who had a mischievous but sincere smile.

He pulled away slightly and looked at the boys, "Hyung, why didn't you tell me earlier? I was bawling my eyes out like a drama king."

They all chuckled in amusement. Jungkook was happy, he got her back.

"I'm sorry for making you wait so long, Jungkook." She looked up at him with eyes finally opened after a long while.

"I will never get tired of waiting, I would wait for however long, just so I can have you for the rest of my life —
forever." He smiled and leaned in for a quick peck.

"I missed you."

_________________

I'm so sorryyyyy for forgetting this request aaahhh it's like 3 months late!

I was checking all the requests in my inbox and everything there was done.

when I saw yours I checked on all the jjk requests and you weren't in any of them.

again, i'm so sorry for super late request! I hope you liked this anyway :) cookiesnclifford

Side note:
I'm no longer accepting requests for this book! :)