#80 | jhs

⚠️: lots of timeskips

"Ahhh~ Seoul!", you twirled with your arms wide open, bumping into someone.

"Oh my gosh, mianhae!", you bowed to the person.

He offered you a smile before saying, "it's alright."

It was your first time to set foot on South Korea. You were a Korean girl but you grew up in Japan. Your dad is Japanese and your mom is Korean. More specifically, Shibuya. You've been learning Hangul for the past three years and considered yourself fluent. Your main langguage back then was Nihonggo, of fourse.

"New here?", he tucked his hands inside the pocket of his long black coat.

You were surprised on how he knew.
"Ne..", you nodded with a little bit of confusion.

"But you look like a Korean and you speak fluent Hangul?", he smiled with a raised eyebrow.

"I am Korean, but I grew up in Japan. And thanks, I've been learning..." you smiled back.

"Ahh. Want me to show you around?"

"If you don't mind...?"

He grinned before putting his arm on your shoulder as he led you around.

nine months later.

"Eomma, I want to stay here!"

"You're getting so old, Kira! Aren't you aftaid to die alone? Come back here and bring us a husband! That was the main reason we let you go there since you said you wanted to marry a Korean guy."

Right. You completely forgot that you were here for a year to find yourself a husband.

"Ugh, but if I come there with a boyfriend—"

"Aaa, not just a boyfriend, you have to be married by the time you meet us! Even just court marriage, if you want, we'll set the venue and everything else here or wherever. Your dad needs someone to take over his company, but you're a woman. You'll just have to get married so your husband can help you."

She hung up.

You kicked the nightstand table as you put your phone down.

In the past 9 months you've spent, you only met two people.

Hoseok and his sister.

You internally screamed. You were already enjoying the life in Seoul. You felt like it was where you belong, but really, it's because of the people that keep you company, not Seoul itself.

You took your phone and dialed Hoseok's sister's number.

"Dawon unnie~"

"Yes, Kiraaa," she always treats you like a real little sister.

You told her everything and asked her if she knew anyone you could marry.

"Well.. what about Hoseok?", she said through the device.

"Uh, why not? But I don't think he likes me. He has a girlfriend, right?"

"What?? Nooo, he hasn't had one since he was born.. you know, he's sometimes a weirdo," she chuckled.

"Wow, despite his looks? I m-mean.. most of the population have partners, I guess?"

"Haha! Yeah. But you should try though, I'll definitely help you! And I'd be glad to be your sister-in-law~"