#19 | kth

one, two, three

You count as you step backwards, wishing for luck, that you bump into someone. Him.

_________________________________________

You read the worn–out old paper with a cursive handwriting.

Block 2, Hongdae Street, 2nd Floor, 2nd room from the stairs

It was given to you, 2 years ago. The last time you went to Seoul.

/ flashback

"Block 2, Hongdae Street, 2nd floor"

You read the small piece of paper that you held in your hand.

You knocked on the door but nobody answered. You knocked again, still, no answer.

You knocked on the door next to His and a lady answered.

"Excuse me, ahjumma, have you seen the boy living there?", you asked.

"Ah, ne. He went on a vacation, for like, 2 weeks, I think, if I remember what he told me," she answered politely then you thanked her and left.

You only had one week at Seoul. Too bad, your luck was down.

You sigh in disappointment as you remember what you told each other.

You promised that after 8 years, you will meet again at that park, the same way you met before.

Your father didn't allow you to have a boyfriend, and he even took you to Tokyo, where your mom is from. And fortunately, your father agreed to the 8 years. He cut all your communications with your friends, including Tae.

You met when you were 7 years old, and were friends until high school. You were playing hide and seek with your friend, Suji, and he was playing with his friend, Jungkook.

You confessed to each other, but your dad disagreed, saying you were too young. You have been friends for 8 years, its means you were both 15 years old when you parted, when you moved to Tokyo but left each other a promise.

__________________________________________

You turn right and went inside an apartment.

2nd floor, 2nd room

You muttered to yourself as you fold your hands, praying for the best.

"Please, please, please!" You prayed under your breath.

You knock on the door. Nobody answers. You knock again. Still no one.

An old lady comes out of the room next door, looks at you and says, "Who are you looking for? The guy living there had left a year ago,"

You nod and thank her as you slowly walk down and out the building.

You walk for a few minutes, and then stop at your apartment. You went inside and collapsed on your bed, tears threatening to fall.

You bury your face on the pillow and sob.

When you finished crying, you mumbled to yourself, "One more chance! tomorrow."

__________________________________________

You walk towards the old park. Nobody plays there anymore. Some oldies come by, but just a few.

At this time, nobody was around.

You look at your watch and it was "11:11 PM"

"Please."

It's late at night. You still risked it.

You turned your foot around, facing away from the middle of the park.

You closed your eyes and started.

"one, two, three"

You stepped backwards at each count— and fell on your hip, whimpering in pain.

It was impossible anyway. Why did you even try?

Suddenly, a middle aged man walked towards you. He pinned you against the wall as you scream for help.

His lips were about to touch your neck when a tall guy pulled him hard and punched him. His face told me how scared he was as he hurriedly ran.

The familiar image looked at the pervert guy and then faced you,

"Are you okay—" his eyes widen in shock and so do you.

"Taehyung!" You yell at him and run towards him.

You engulf each other in a tight hug, one that really showed each one's longing.

He pulls away a little and kisses your forehead. He cupped your cheeks then pecked your nose.

"You came back," his gaze was full of awe, our eyes locked in a moment of love.

"I missed you the most," you wipe a tear on his cheek with your thumb.

"Sorry, I'm late," he pouted.

"It's alright, at least getting my hopes up were worth it, and at least, after 8 years," you smiled.

"I knew this wasn't gonna go to waste, whew," he said as he reached for his pocket and pulled out a velvet box.

"Will you marry me?"

"One, two, three," he counted under his breath.

"Of course I will!"