#37 | ksj

continuation of #27

last lines:
A month later, you watch him get married to another woman. A tear escapes your eye as you look at the ring you are wearing and take it off as the male in a black suit says, "I do."

*************************************

Just when the groom almost said 'I do', you ran off to God knows where, vision blurring out due to tears welling up.

You couldn't stand the pain.

————————————————————

It's been two years since you tried to move on. Two years since the day he came back...and 10th year anniversary, if it wasn't because of that accident.

The smell of the cafe was still the same, and still full of memories. Today, unfortunately, the café was packed. You decided to order first before finding a seat. Everyone's seats were taken. Except for the man in the corner of the room, running his fingers through his hair.

"Excuse me, may I sit here?", you mumble at the black-haired man. He shot his head up, and nodded. By that, you saw some visible tears under his eyes and staining his cheek. He was wearing sunglasses, but his plum lips were surprisingly familiar though.

"Oh, is it really okay..?", you pulled your sunglasses slightly down.

The man pulls his glasses down too, with eyes widened. Oh welp, it was him. It's Jin. What's new? You're his ex. Of course.

"Yuri? Is that you?", he stood up, took off his sunglasses.

"Uh..mhm...", you hesitatingly nodded.

He suddenly pulled you into a hug, which you Did Not expect.

It lasted for a good while until he pulled away. "Oh sorry.. sorry.."
A small blush was left on your cheeks, as you shyly sat down.

"It's just... I've missed seeing your beautiful face," he sighs. You slowly nod, "ah..", and forced a smile.

Why? Why does it still hurt you to see his face? "I've moved on alright," you thought to yourself.

"So.. how has it been?", he starts.

"Mhm.. great, I guess.. how about you and your wife?" you awkwardly look around anywhere except his eyes.

"What?.. Oh.. you see, I kind of.. well, fainted at the wedding... aaand yeah, my memories surprisingly came back.. though I lost my feelings for that girl.. I even forgot her name..", he explains, quietly chuckling at the last sentence.

"Oh.. I'm sorry to hear that..", you were so surprised but you managed to keep a stern expression.

And the quiet atmosphere between the two of you were on again.

"Uh.. Yuri-ah?"

"Hmm?"

"W-would you.. let me.. court you again? I mean— It would be rude to get back after everything that happened right, haha...", he awkwardly said, stuttering at every other word.

'What does he even mean, we're like, 28, omo..' you thought inside your head.

"W-what.. Oh.. I.. uh.. okay," you reply, slightly nodding.

"Really? Thanks ja— I mean Yuri.. that meant a lot to me.."

*************************************

"Yah yah yah! I still know your full name!", he exclaims while you give him a challenging look.

"Ehhh? What is it then?", you raise an eyebrow.

"Lee Yuri," he proudly says.

You fold your arms across your chest and roll your eyes. "You probably got that from my Social Media accounts,"

"And your middle name is.. Azakura!", he boastfully says, making you smile and chuckle.

"Aaah arasseo, arasseo..", you furrow your eyebrows but burst out in laughter as he made a face infront of you.

"I never fail to make you laugh, do I?", he smirks, making you playfully hit him.

"Yeah until now..", you say underneath your breath.

"The heart remembers what the mind forgets, I truly believe in that, Yuri.. but, seriously, have you really moved on?", he whispers, with frowning eyes.

"Honestly, Jin..... I don't think I ever did... It was really hard you know," you look down in sadness about your past experience.

"I'm sorry for letting you go through that, it was also painful in my part to hear that you've moved on.. and seeing you after two years? It just gave me so much hope, making me try harder, to win you back..", he says, tucking a hair strand behind your ear.

"Jin... you don't have to try."

He raises an eyebrow, telling you to explain further.

"Because... I too, have always waited for this moment. I really thought it was impossible. But I guess nothing's impossible for Love," you look up at him with an assuring smile.

"Jagiya! Are you serious? You don't know how much that means to me! I promise to never hurt my head again!", he says, making you chuckle at the last sentence.

"I'm serious, I love you, Jin.. I always did," you run your fingers through his hair.

"I love you so much, Yuri!"