#111 | ksj

"Jihoon, what's the matter?", you leaned down.

He shook his head, still frowning as he walked away. You just arrived at the school to fetch him.

You walked faster and opened the car door for him to enter the car.

You got into your driver's seat and started driving.

"Hoonie, why are you sad?", you looked at him through the rear view mirror.

He didn't answer so you spoke more seriously.

"Tell me, Jihoon-ah."

"My classmate told me that I was an accident child," he said in a barely audible voice.

"Jihoon, you are not an accident," you said softly.

"Then why can't we live with dada?", he spoke louder.

A sigh escaped your lips, "You don't understand right now. You're too young."

"Do you want to go to the park and eat ice cream?", you tried to cheer him up but he only nodded, still frowning.

-

You held his hand as you walked towards the park. Firstly, you bought ice cream in a cone but Jihoon ate emotionlessly.

You really had to do something. He often gets bullied just because you're not in good terms with his dad.

You stood up but still watched him as he sat down on the bench, licking his ice cream.

You dialed his dad's number, which used to be Jagi, but now it's a formal Kim Seokjin.

He always gave you space, even though sometimes, you become way too rough.

"Yeoboseyo," he answered.

"Jin. Can we talk?", you were always either cold or serious when you talked to him. You didn't even know why you were acting like that.

Jin often took him out, but you never wanted to interrupt or join their bonding. Your pride was always too high when it comes to your "family".

You could never accept the fact that he had another child, with someone else.

"Sure. I have to tell you something too," his unusual serious tone surprised you.

"Should we talk it out through the phone or do you want to come where we are?"

"I'll come there, where are you?", he asked while you heard sounds of cars in the background.

"Ilsan Park," you glanced back at Jihoon who was almost finished with his ice cream.

-

You watched the usual scene, your little boy meeting his father. He had brought a toy for him, which made the boy beam in excitement. He let him sit down on the bench as he walked towards you.

"Hey."

"Hey."

You were both always awkward when you talk in person. And just like him, you didn't know why.

"I'll start..", you sighed.

You told him about Jihoon's condition at school and that he's been bullied a lot.

"Ah.. I see. I'll do something."

"Like what?", you raised an eyebrow in confusion.