Concept

Would Gauri still love Omkara if she was not married to him?

That's the question that has been bugging me throughout Rikara's story in canon i.e. the show. Since Omkara never accepted the validity of their marriage until confession, his feelings for Gauri always seemed more...logical and organic for me. I felt Gauri's feelings were a result of her strong faith in Shankarji's choice for her and savior complex, because Omkara saved her life. I do not feel that Gauri would love him otherwise. So, this is the question I want to probe through this FF. 

Would Gauri fall in love with Omkara if she was not bound to him in marriage?

I really don't know myself where I'm heading with this question but this FF is going to mainly look at Rikara story, without the baggage of marriage that Gauri was forced to carry around. 

Though the main emphasis is Rikara, there will be Rumya and other characters as well. Annika will feature much more prominently later in the sister track. So, if you are not interested in these characters, its going to be a taxing read. The only thing I can assure as of now, that at least in this FF, Billu will get least ss (lol!)

Also, the most important point. This FF is largely lifted from canon. I'm just going to tweak the circumstances and point of views, and give more exposition (hopefully). So, if you are expecting something brand new then this FF is not your cup of tea. 

I'm not much of a writer, so thats another hurdle. Anyone dillydallying about trying this FF, can gauge my laughable writing skills through my SvetRi OS Break. 

The story in this FF starts from around 200 episodes of Ishqbaaaz, from the point where Jahnvi attempts suicide and Omkara vows to become like Shivaay, to protect his mother.

I'm not hoping for a lot of views or votes, but I would really appreciate if readers leave their constructive feedback/criticism in the comments. It would really help me pursue my theory. Feedback with respect to Omkara is especially appreciated, since I'm quite comfortable understanding Gauri (being one of her staunch fans, lol!).

Thank you, potential readers. 

P.S. I hope to be regular with updates, but lets see.