Chapter 94

Omkara and Rudra were sitting in Omkara's room. They were silent for a long time. Then Rudra couldn't take it, so he said.

"O, do you think its true?" almost pleading with Om. 

Om thought over whatever happened today. 

He couldn't sleep properly yesterday night; he kept looking at the couch, then at the door, then at the empty wardrobe, and then finally at the 'gifts' Gauri had left behind. He felt uneasy thinking about all the things that were unsaid between them, all the answers he never got, because he never asked the right questions. He decided to wing it, and meet Gauri. He wanted answers, he can't leave a thing unfinished between them. He would make some excuse, he still had her payal, he would say he came to return that, and talk to her. Coming to this conclusion, he finally dozed off at four in the morning. 

He woke up in the morning dreading breaking the news to his family. He went quietly to his mother's room, telling her that Gauri had left. Jahnvi was not impressed, but she knew the truth. She was just disappointed because she hoped Omkara and Gauri would perhaps think of the marriage they had entered into, and give it a chance. But she also remembered how she and Tej fell in love madly and entered into a whirlwind romance only to see it fail badly. She nodded her head, as she took the papers Omkara gave her. She would file those papers with the Registrar today, on the way to office. 

Omkara expected questions from the rest of the family, but in a nightmarish twist, Annika bhaabhi took up all the attention today. She started behaving so strangely that the entire family was shocked and upset to see the change in her. What upset Shivaay the most was that she withheld the shareholding papers from him, and refused to give any shares to OmRu. 

Om and Rudra did not care two hoots for the Oberoi wealth, but they cared for their bhaabhi. So, they went and asked her, whats wrong. At first, Annika wasn't forthcoming with the truth, but then she broke down due to their affection for her, and confessed that Pinky aunty has kept a condition: she has to willingly create a scenario, so that Shivaay will throw her out of the house, otherwise she will tell him the truth, that Shivaay is illegitimate. It was clear now why Chhoti Maa was creating so much drama since the last few days, to discredit Annika bhaabhi in Shivaay's eyes. To get rid of her. 

"O, please, do you think its true?" asked Rudy again.

"I don't know Rudra, I mean, why would a woman call her own son illegitimate, if he's not?" said Omkara. "But I do feel that Chhoti Maa, has a lot of affection for Shivaay, to an extent that she is obsessed. So obsessed that she can't see anyone else sharing his affection. No wonder she is cold to us also sometimes. She didn't have a problem with Shivaay marrying Tia, because Shivaay didn't love her, but she knows as does everyone, that Shivaay has feelings for Annika, and that, she can't tolerate" said Omkara angrily. 

"But O, if Shivaay bhaiyaa loves Annika bhaabhi, then we are doing a great disservice to him by agreeing with Annika bhaabhi to separate them. Annika bhaabhi is still new to the family, we aren't. She is ready to sacrifice everything, but she doesn't need too. We can try to stop her" said Rudra, earnestly

"Rudra, we tried, but Annika bhaabhi refused. We have promised her to help her.....break off her own relationship. To cause Shivaay pain. I can't take it either, bro, but I don't know what else we can do" said Omkara helplessly, clutching his head. 

"Lets go" said Rudra, suddenly getting up.

"Where?" asked Om

"Just...... when we can't do anything...we can just forget it" said Rudra, sounding desperate, pulling Omkara with him.