Chapter 58

Jahnvi's father stayed back with her in the hospital, while he convinced his wife and grandsons to back to work and home. He'll take the first shift and stay with Jahnvi. They promised to return in the evening. 

Jahnvi and her father looked at each other after everyone left. For long moments, just stared. Then, both stammered at the same time. "I am sorry!" 

Jahnvi's father cut in, "No, no Jahnvi, why should you be sorry? Its I who has failed as a father. I behaved like a ten year old child, and sulked because you decided to leave our company and joined your husband's. That was unbelievably stupid and immature of me. I made myself reticent and unavailable, when if only I had been supportive, you would have come to me directly when your marriage started falling apart, instead of going to your mother who told you to keep up with this farce for the society's sake. I love my wife, but her traditional views....." 

"No, no Papa. Its me who is at fault. I have let you down. You taught me everything I knew about business, and I let you down by giving it all up for a man who didn't care a tuppence for me. I was so embarrassed to come to you, ashamed of myself for falling for such a man, that I couldn't face you." said Jahnvi, choking back on her tears. 

"Lets bury the dark past, and move on. You are still young, for me, you are always my kid. I want to see you rise again, and I think your old father still has something, some tricks he can teach you." Jahnvi's father smiled. 

"Thank you, Papa." replied Jahnvi, as her father patted her head to bless her.

*************************************

Tej didn't bother ringing the bell, he almost broke down the door in anger. "Svetlana" he roared. 

"Ah! Nice to see you still remember me." said Svetlana calmly, as she went and plopped down on her sofa. 

"Quit playing. I didn't think you would go that far. Last year, when your inefficiency at work caused security lapses which put my family's life in danger, I distanced myself from you. That should have told you that I don't tolerate anyone harming my family. And you still thought you would get away with trying to kill Jahnvi?" said Tej, fuming.

"Stop raging like this, in your age getting your blood pressure so high isn't good for you." said Svetlana, in a off-hand manner. 

Tej faked a sense of calm, and took a deep breadth. 

"Svetlana, I made a huge mistake by getting into a relationship with you, and destroying my family life over this. I knew that its my Oberoi money, and not really me, you are after, but still I hoped to marry you one day. I'm glad I realized my crime in time. Going after Jahnvi's business venture is something I expected from you, but trying to kill her with a truck? No, Svetlana you have gone too far." said Tej, calmly but with a menace in his voice.

"You have no proof for either of those accusations." said Svetlana cooly

"I don't have any proof that might stand in the court of law, but you and I both know, that I know you too well to know what you are capable of. I wouldn't have handed you over to the police in any case, because I am as much a culprit in our affair as you, much more in fact. Here is your termination letter. Since you have served the company faithfully for years, I would continue to send you an annual income every year till you live. One more thing, whether Jahnvi decides to divorce me or not, whether my son succeeds at his contract or not, I am not going to marry you. Ever." said Tej with finality, and walked out of Svetlana's house.

Svetlana never lost her temper or raged. She thought calmly about her next move. Tej was a fool to think that his Oberoi money was the only thing she wanted. She wanted Oberois barbaadi (destruction), at any cost.