Chapter 81

Omkara walked downstairs to have breakfast to see that Gauri was already sitting down with his grandparents, having food. His Nani was fussing over her, encouraging her to have more. Even his Nana, who rarely smiled at him, was smiling indulgently at her. What had she done to gain their favor?

She was smiling, no giggling, regaling them most probably with some story, because they seemed to be listening to her. She rarely smiled at him these days, not like Chulbul, who would unintentionally make him laugh. But she seemed perfectly fine with his grandparents. 

"Om beta, why are you standing there, brooding?" asked his Nani "Come and have breakfast."

Om walked and sat beside his grandmother. 

"Gauri was just telling me about her..." started Nani, but Omkara interrupted her.

"I'm sorry Nani, but I don't have time for stories today" said Omkara. Well, Gauri didn't tell him stories anymore, no, when it came to him, she only wanted to know about Svetlana. 

Nani frowned. "Fine, if you don't have time for this. But you must make time to practice, for Mr. Dhurindhar, because you must convince him about this marriage. So, I was thinking why don't you both practice?"

"Practice?" asked Gauri.

"Know each other's likes and dislikes, that sort of thing. I'm sure Omkara told you about the notice we got yesterday?" asked Nani.

Gauri nodded.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that, Nani, we did try that exercise, except, that for Gauri having dinner matters more than practicing" taunted Omkara. 

His grandparents looked confused, but Gauri understood. 

The gall of the man! He was annoyed that she abruptly ended his questioning session yesterday and went to have dinner, this was so....petty? Omkaraji behaving immaturely was something new. 

"Well, lets try a question then, shall we?" Nani asked uncertainly

Gauri nodded, while Omkara gave no sign that he had heard her. 

"So, Gauri what is Omkara's favorite dish?" asked Nani, encouragingly.

Gauri thought of the time he had made that bland foreign stuff for her

"Those things which look like fingers....er" said Gauri, demonstrating with her fingers.

"You mean pasta?" asked Nana, joining the conversation.

"Yes! That! Pasta with safed chutney (white chutney)" said Gauri triumphantly. 

"Gauri, thats not safed chutney, its white sauce" said Omkara, as he smiled, digesting her description of his favorite dish. 

"White sauce....yes, my saas is fair (mother-in-law is fair/white)" said Gauri, innocently. 

Omkara's eyes twinkled at her error. 

"Not saas, Gauri, its 'sauce'" Omkara explained.

"Saas?" said Gauri, again.

"Sauce" repeated Omkara

"Thats what I said, 'Saas' " said Gauri

"Never mind" said Omkara, but not with impatience. 

"Okay, Om beta, now you answer what's her favorite dish?" asked Nani

Gauri was sure he had forgotten, he was too busy being annoyed with her. 

Yuhn Hota Toh Kya Hota- Rikara FFOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara