Chapter 178

Gauri was watering at the plants in Richa's chhat (terrace/roof). 

Though she focused on the task before her, her mind was elsewhere. 

She had cried her eyes out at Dandi bhaiyaa's house the night before yesterday. He let her sob on his shoulder, and said something like, "pehle pyaar mein ka dard alag hi hota hai" (first love's pain is something different). 

That didn't help Gauri much, but at least he was there for her. When her tears had dried up, she decided to go back to Moradabad, to her mother. 

Dandi bhaiyaa looked disappointed at her decision, but he nodded his head. 

"Would you come back for Diwali? Your sister, Annika ji, would want to spend it with you" said Dandi. 

"My fortune changed when Omkaraji entered my life. If he had not saved me that day from the villagers, I would have never survived to come to Mumbai and discover all these relations. When he doesn't trust me, then what will I do in this city? Dandi bhaiyaa, please come to visit me in Moradabad or in Delhi, I might live there or at least go to meet my uncle sometimes. Annika jiji can meet me there" replied Gauri. 

Dandi bhaiyaa understood her resolve and sighed. 

He insisted that she spent the night at his home, and leave for Moradabad the next day. Gauri heeded him, and boarded a train to Uttar Pradesh early in the morning the next day. 

Her mother and best friend were happy to see her late at night. They had many questions, but as Gauri was tired, they postponed to next day. 

Gauri knew she would have to answer them all today, so she escaped to the terrace for some peace to arrive upon her answers. 

"Gauri" her mother was calling. 

Gauri sighed. She had to go downstairs and quench their inquisitiveness. 

"Yes, mother" said Gauri, as she sat down with her mother, Richa and Richa's mother. 

"Gauri beta, while you were in Mumbai, a lot happened here. I am very happy for your results and want to go to mandir today. But there is another reason we all need to seek God's blessings" said her mother.

Gauri looked up at her mother questioningly. 

"Gauri beta, you know about Richa's fiancee?" asked her mother. 

Gauri nodded. Richa had told her about it, in their telephonic conversations. 

"Well, his family is coming tomorrow, and we are all going to celebrate Karva Chauth together. You of course, are unmarried and unattached, so it will be a good opportunity to pray for a nice groom" said her mother, while Richa and mother giggled.

Gauri smiled outwardly, and inwardly cursed her fate. Her choice of groom was doomed. 

"Anyways, important thing is that they are officially bringing Richa's rishta on the day after karva chauth. Now Mukesh's family don't want a working bahu, so Richa had to leave her job. And we have a wedding to arrange. Richa's uncle is going through some difficulty in business, so Gauri beta, we also need to chip in" said her mother. 

"Of course mother, that goes without saying. Not only is Richa my best friend, but she also helped me and you in times of our greatest distress. She helped us stay alive. I will do whatever I can to make this wedding a success" said Gauri, holding her best friend's hands, smiling in reassurance.

"Good then, let us go and seek Shiv shankar's blessings in our endeavors" said Gauri's mother. 

Gauri nodded her head in agreement. 

Yuhn Hota Toh Kya Hota- Rikara FFजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें