Chapter 168

Annika was extremely fidgety throughout the trip, not knowing what she might find awaiting her in Thane.

"Jiji, relax, I know you are worrying about what we might find there, but we haven't even reached there yet. All we have is what Mrs. Nene told us, and a few addresses Mamu managed to gather. We don't even know whether we might find anything, and you are already worrying about what we might find" said Gauri.

"I am scared Gauri. Ever since we opened the Pandora's box, that is what happened to our parents, I think I've been living in a secret fear all the time. I can't stay separate from Shivaay." said Annika

"And you won't have to. Have faith" said Gauri. "Look we are here."

Annika and Gauri got down from the car. Their mamu had searched for any information on his brother-in-law's relatives, and came up with what he hoped was Harsh's uncle's address. 

"Lets see if there are any Trivedis living there" said Gauri, sounding optimistic, and her voice infused some spirit into Annika too. 

They both walked up to the large mansion, rounded off by a garden, and rang the doorbell, hoping that the person answering on the other side, would be a Trivedi.

But that was not to be.

A lady with a pleasant face opened the door. 

"Namaste" she said.

"Namaste, we came to meet a Mr. Trivedi, if he's still here?" asked Gauri.

"Oh, I am sorry. He passed away a few years ago, and his family left this city and moved to London" said the lady, sounding apologetic.

"No....no need to be sad. We were just his relatives, who came to meet him. I...er, how many years ago did he die?" asked Gauri. 

The lady felt a little suspicious answering questions about the earlier occupants of the house, to some strangers.

"I am sorry, who are you?" she asked. 

"I am Annika Singh Oberoi, Shivaay Singh Oberoi's wife, and Harshvardhan Trivedi's daughter" said Annika, speaking up before Gauri could come with some excuse. 

Annika was exhausted from all the planning and execution, she just wanted the truth, she just wanted it to end. 

"Oh, but I have never heard of this Trivedi, if he was your father, he must be in his fifties now. But Mr. Trivedi who passed away a few years back, was an old man in his seventies. Lets see, why don't you both come and sit down?" said the lady. 

The lady escorted them to her living room, where her servant served them tea and biscuits, meanwhile she went through a corridor, to seek something. 

The lady came back with an elderly gentleman, who looked like he was touching seventy, but in good health for his age. 

"Seema, my daughter-in-law, tells me you both are Harsh's daughters and came to meet Kushal bhaiyaa?" said the elderly gentleman genially.

"We came to meet our father's uncle, yes" said Gauri, a little confused. 

"Yes, Kushal bhaiyaa was very close to Harsh. But you girls....don't mind me, but we thought you were dead? How do I know you are Annika and Chutki?" he said suspiciously.

Now Gauri noticed his watchman standing in the background, and the nice lady also seeming surprised by the revelation. 

"Dead?" whispered Annika.