Chapter 55

Gauri had a good time listening to Rudy's diet schedule. Shivaay and Om, who had heard it multiple times, rolled their eyes. Shivaay left in some time citing Annika as the excuse, while Omkara didn't even bother to look interested and took out some account files he was struggling with. 

Gauri didn't mind being regaled by Rudy's in-depth gym routine. Privately, she felt this was another of one of those ameer logon ke chonchle (the coquetry of rich people). If only they travelled by public transport, or did a bit more physical labour around the house, they won't need to rely on the 'gym' so much. But she liked the enthusiasm which Rudy had for his hobby. It was in stark contrast to Omkara's almost worried and annoyed expression at the files before him. 

Rudy got another call at that moment, and looked irritated at being interrupted thus. He excused himself again. Gauri peeked over at the files and asked, "Whats bothering you?" 

"This. This is stupid. I hate this. And I can't figure out why we are losing money here." said Omkara frustrated. 

Now Gauri didn't understand English very well. But she certainly understood figures and statistics well enough now, courtesy her open education classes, and how hard she worked at them. She pored over the files for a while. Something was wrong about the data, but she couldn't exactly place her finger on what. Gauri had handled accounts of her shop and related business for years alone, so she wasn't exactly new to all this. She asked Omkara hesitantly. 

"Do you mind, if I click pictures of this file? Just for studying you know. Maybe observing all the graphs and all will help me in statistics?" 

Omkara smiled. He wanted to help out Chulbul in his education surely, but these were confidential files of his company, could he trust Chulbul with this information? Definitely. Chulbul had proven trustworthy and more than that. 

"Of course, you can, though I don't know how much of a help these will be to you." said Omkara

"You don't mind?" asked Gauri, a little taken aback that he agreed so easily. 

"No, I trust you." Omkara said simply. 

Crash. Gauri's heart fell to her stomach. Why did he trust her like this? 

She shook her head, and took out her phone to click pictures of the file.

"Oh, so you have a phone now?" asked Omkara

"Yes, Dandi bhaiyaa got tired of playing kabootar ja ja (a song about a messenger pigeon) between both of us. So, I got a phone, to relieve him of the stress." replied Chulbul.

Omkara looked amused. 

As Gauri slipped her phone back into her pocket, she noticed something familiar on Omkara's table, buried under the files. 

"My payal! (anklet)" squealed Gauri, forgetting that she was Chulbul, overjoyed to find her payal which she had lost on the day of the jagraata.

"What do you mean your payal?" asked Omkara, surprised and a little embarrassed. 

"I mean, this is not yours." said Chulbul

"Yes, its not mine, obviously. But what do you mean its yours? Do you wear payals?" asked Omkara, a little irritated.

Gauri was trapped, so she turned his words on him.

"Do you wear payals? Why is it with you?" and without waiting for his reply, she took it from beneath the files. 

"Hey, Chulbul, give it back to me." said Omkara.