Chapter 141

"Om didn't come out of his room, the entire day today" said Jahnvi. 

She and Tej were having their 'end-of-the-day' conversation like their counsellor had advised; small things like this seemed to be working. Their relationship saw a great improvement as their communication gap, which had grown huge over the years, reduced. 

"I know" sighed Tej. "I saw him having an....argument with Gauri" 

"Argument?" said Jahnvi, confused. 

"I saw them exchanging what looked like heated words, in the corridor this morning. At the least, they've had a disagreement. Jahnvi, do you really think Gauri is....you know, right?" said Tej. "I don't mean to say that she is not a good girl, just that she might not suit our Om, she frequently frustrates him."

"Hmm...I get what you are saying Tej, however, I think the problem is not that they are incompatible, no, the problem is that they, or should I say Om, is not able to accept that they are compatible. The superficial differences between them, is camouflaging their innate similarity" explained Jahnvi.

"Well, you know my views. I'll be quite glad if Om finds a girl who suits him in every way" said Tej.

"If I know my son well, then I think he'll be happy with a girl who he loves" said Jahnvi, with a tone that made it clear it was her final word on the subject.

**************************

Gauri didn't see Omkaraji at breakfast. He wasn't present at dinner yesterday night, and apparently, was locked up in his room the entire day yesterday after their conversation with Dadi. Did her words unintentionally hurt him?

Gauri didn't get much time to ponder over this fact, as she had to leave for work. Today, the Panditji was arriving in the evening to fix the date for Soumya and Rudra's roka, and everyone had to be present their on time. Gauri left early, so that she could finish up her work, and private tuitions and reach home early.

Gauri barely made it back home on time in the evening. She hurriedly kept her bag in her room, and rushed to the main hall. Surprisingly, it looked like she wasn't alone in this rush, Omkaraji gave her company. 

Gauri was surprised, Omkaraji was at home only, then why was he late? Maybe he got too engrossed in some artwork. 

"Good, now that we are all here. Soumya's mother arrived just an hour back, I am so happy to see you after so long, Sadhna" said Dadi, smiling. "Panditji is also here, Panditji, please look for a good date for Rudra and Soumya's roka."

Panditji did some calculations, while Rudra and Soumya looked at each other furtively, slightly abashed but glowing with joy. Annika on the side, was doing her usual "They are so cute" gestures, while Shivaay elbowed her to cool it a bit. 

Om rolled his eyes at the four of them, and then his eyes locked on Gauri, who was studiously avoiding looking at him. It was apparent that she did it intentionally. Omkara sighed. 

The Panditji cleared his throat. "I think Friday next week is an auspicious date for the ceremony, one week from now" he concluded based on his calculations.

Dadi clapped her hands together lightly, and said, "Great, thank you Panditji. Now, we'll arrange a splendid roka ceremony for Soumya and Rudra"

The Panditji has some instructions to give, after which he departed. 

"Now, lets divide up the work between teams" said Dadi. "Who's taking decoration?"