Chapter 186

Gauri looked at Omkara, her eyes searching for something, while Omkara looked back hopeful, that she would say something. 

But before either could, they could hear Gauri's mother calling out for her. 

Gauri shook her head and went back to the hall.

What am I supposed to make of this? thought Omkara. 

Did his words have the desired impact on her? Did his words have any impact on her? 

*********************************

Ajay was trying his best to be behave nicely with these brats. 

For some reason, these kids were after him. Whichever direction he would take, one or the other would turn up, it was almost like they were shadowing him.

He didn't know that Richa had sought help from Gauri's little friends to keep her safe. 

She felt guilty that her marriage with Mukesh, and his inability to stand up to his family, had wrought a new danger for Gauri. Was her friend to have no peace? 

Gauri's heart was in a state of unrest. 

Omkaraji's words washed over her with joy, that he responded to her feelings too, what she had longed to hear, to feel, from him.....but at the same time, she remembered the pain he inflicted on her not so many days ago. 

It wasn't the divorce papers, their marriage was dissolved anyways, no, it was how he dropped the bomb on her, how he wanted to hurt her, how he had planned all of it, and all for what? Based on something he saw in Delhi? 

He let their world crumble, like a house of cards, for a few minutes of what he witnessed in Delhi. 

Can she trust him again?

"Gauri beta, where were you all this while? Ajay and his family are waiting. Its time for the Roka" said Gauri's mother.

Now this drama. How will she extricate herself out of this?

The function started, Gauri looked around to see if Omkaraji was there, but he wasn't. Good for her, it would have been too difficult for her to sit through this ceremony, if her were watching her. 

Richa signaled the group, and the kids nodded. One moment it was all bright and cheerful, and the next moment the lights went out.

The guests groaned, but what was to be done? Uttar Pradesh was well known for its untimely power cuts. 

"I am sorry, the generator isn't working either" said Mukesh, on Richa's instructions. 

"Auntyji, the main ceremony is done anyways, and I don't think the power is coming back anytime soon, it might take two hours more. We can't be standing here, in candlelight or holdings torches. I suggest you gift Gauri the ring, she will wear it later" said Richa. 

Ajay wasn't happy at the turn of events. 

First, the kids took up all his attention, and now he didn't even get to hold Gauri's hands. But his family agreed to Richa's suggestion, and slowly they, and the guests, departed. 

"Well, thats a tragedy averted" sighed Richa, as she closed the door, waving away the last of the guests. "Good job kids!" 

"I knew you all had something to do with it. Now will you bring the power back on? I think they have all left" said Gauri. 

The kids switched on the main power. They were staying at Richa's house, with Gauri, so they could spend more time together. 

"We'll have to make some space for them to sleep" said Gauri.

Yuhn Hota Toh Kya Hota- Rikara FFOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara