Chapter 48

Omkara's head was bursting. He felt an insane urge to laugh and to hit someone's head at the same time. How could this have happened?

When Annika bhabhi called him in the early hours of morning, and told him to rush home, he thought some disaster had befallen the family. Did someone fall ill, or meet with an accident? As it happened, someone did.

When he reached the house, he saw everyone gathered in the Oberoi mansion hall.

"What has happened bro?" Omkara asked Rudra. He shook his head, as puzzled as Om looked. Then Annika bhabhi rushed to meet them all, along with Khanna. Shivaay was conspicuously missing from the scene and Annika explained why. 

Briefly without missing the details, she explained that Shivaay met with an accident last week when he went to Delhi for some business work. When he returned, everyone felt there something wrong with him. Annika felt this too, so she took Khanna's help and investigated the matter, to find out that Shivaay had been kidnapped and was being held hostage. His place was taken instead by a duplicate by the name of Mahi.

Pinky screamed at this, and it took combined efforts of Jahnvi and Kalyani Dadi to calm her down. Annika explained after Pinky calmed down, that Shivaay was safe now, but for some reason he insisted that they carry on this farce, with that Mahi, and not let him know that the family knew that real Shivaay was safe. Shivaay said he would meet them all in a short while, in the meantime he has organized a Holi party at the house to distract Mahi, so that the family can recoup and decide what to do. Before either Om or Rudra could say something, or thank Annika bhabhi for rescuing their brother, Khanna told them at Mahi was at the doors. They all quickly decided to pretend like asked.

Everything went according to plan, and the moment Mahi fell unconscious with bhaang, the family tricked him, and met Shivaay. Om asked him why was he not handing over Mahi to the police? According to Shivaay, the plan to kidnap him had been so meticulously laid, that one man could not have done it alone. Shivaay wanted to figure out who was helping Mahi, and how were they managing it. He wanted to catch all the culprits red-handed. Om disagreed with Shivaay internally, but he never said anything against Shivaay's grand schemes. The almost fake wedding with Tia just a month back was vivid in his mind. So, the family decided to carry on the charade.

Om was sitting in the hall right now, holding his head. All he wanted to do right now, was go and beat up that Mahi, for kidnapping and imitating his brother. He couldn't believe that the family was being tricked for almost a week, by this imposter. Though all of them felt something was wrong, even Om who didn't even stay in the same mansion anymore, it was Annika bhabhi who took the initiative to figure out what's going on. Annika bhabhi said that she had some intuition that Shivaay was not fine.

The sofa depressed a bit, as Rudy sat down next to Om. "What are thinking O? That we Shivaay's brothers could not rescue Shivaay bhaiyaa, instead it was Annika bhabhi who rescued him?" said Rudra

Omkara nodded his head.

"Marriage is a weird thing, I guess. They say in movies and all, two souls become one and all that. I suppose now Annika bhabhi has become Shivaay bhaiyaa's protector, just like he protected her from that bullet and took it on himself." said Rudra thoughtfully.

"Looks like my absence has turned you into the philosopher of this house." said Om, with a hint of a smile.

"Come back home, Om. I hate the fact that our brotherly bond seems to have diluted so much. You never told me why you got delayed in Bareilly, Shivaay bhaiyaa got kidnapped and I didn't realize. I hate to not know things about my brothers." Rudra sulked. Om did not want to talk about Bareilly. So, he tried to change the topic.