Chapter 158

"Has Rudra woken up yet?" asked Shivaay. 

It was a lazy Sunday. He and Om were lounging in the living hall, Shivaay busy working out some deal, while Om was just idly sketching.

"No, he's still asleep. He came home late last night, saw off Soumya's mother as well. She must have reached Pune by now. He was texting Soumya till her flight took off. So, he's enjoying his well earned sleep right now" smiled Om.

"Did you text Soumya?" asked Shivaay.

"Of course, I did before she boarded her flight. Gauri had reminded me last night to set an alarm for that" said Om, without thinking.

"Why did Gauri remind you that?" asked Shivaay, curiously.

"Er...I don't know, I guess we were talking about Soumya day before yesterday, and I just mentioned it, so she told me to set an alarm there and then" replied Omkara, sounding confused to himself. 

Shivaay gave Omkara a queer look, and then went back to his phone. A while later he asked. 

"Om, do you get the feeling that Annika and Gauri are up to something? I thought Annika was upset on Rudra and Soumya's Roka, maybe thinking about her own wedding ceremonies, or lack thereof. So, I speeded up Saahil's adoption process, to cheer her up with that surprise. She was happy, but it just...seems like she is hiding something from me....like she's holding on to every moment weirdly" said Shivaay thoughtfully.

"Shivaay, in another time, I would've told you to not repeat the same mistake, and stop being ridiculous about Annika bhaabhi hiding anything, but this time, I actually think you are right. Moreover, Gauri mentioned something a few days back, about not being able to stop something from happening, so she was going to leave it all to luck" said Omkara, recollecting his conversation with her from few days back. 

"What? What did she mean by that?" asked Shivaay, alert now.

"I don't know. She told me point blank, that she couldn't tell me now, but hoped that she could reveal later. I think Annika bhaabhi is worried about the same thing. I mean, they both disappeared somewhere yesterday, didn't they?" said Omkara.

"They did, and when I asked Annika, she said its Gauri's secret; she refused to tell me, and also made me promise not to try and have her followed" said Shivaay. 

Omkara thought this was pretty unhealthy of Shivaay, but he knew his brother; Shivaay could literally not rest without knowing what's bothering each and every member of his family. He was like a Mama hen in this aspect. 

"She said its Gauri's secret? Could be" said Omkara.

"I don't think its Gauri's secret, though. Annika is hiding something" said Shivaay.

Omkara knew that look well, his brother was about to put on his detective glasses. 

"Listen, brother, wait. Lets wait it out. Give Annika bhaabhi time, she will tell you as soon as she feels like. Don't go sleuthing. Please" advised Om. 

Shivaay didn't like what he heard, but he had always heeded Om's advice, indeed Om was the one whose words he valued the most. 

So, he nodded his head and agreed. 

*************************************

Rudra woke up around lunch time. 

He checked his phone to see if there any messages from Soumya. He hadn't really expected any. It will be a few more hours before her flight lands at New York. Then there'll be all the routine visa checks and everything. Yes, it would be evening before Rudra could talk to her. He yawned and went to have a bath.