Chapter 98

Next morning Gauri sought out Bade bhaiyaa. 

Gauri was convinced that Shivaay would not believe one day of drama Annika bhaujaai didi, over his knowledge of her for a year. And she had to see for herself how he was faring. 

Gauri knocked the door, but there was no response. She tried again, but to no avail. Finally she pushed the door handle, and peeped a little inside. Shivaay was standing facing the bed. 

"May I come in, Bade bhaiyaa?" asked Gauri. 

Shivaay seemed to have come out of a dream. "Gauri...yes....come in, come in....Badi Maa told me that she called you back....I'm grateful that you came...." 

"Bade bhaiyaa, how are you?" asked Gauri.

Shivaay was ready to say he was fine, but the sorrow and earnestness in Gauri's eyes, prevented him from lying. 

"How can I be?" said Shivaay, sighing sadly. Shivaay sat down on the bed, in despair. 

Gauri went and sat next to him. "Bade bhaiyaa, you know I saw Annika bhaujaai few days back."

Shivaay looked at Gauri slowly, and said, "She isn't well, is she?" 

"You can only know this, if you were hanging outside her chawl" said Gauri. Shivaay didn't reply to this and looked at the floor.

"If you know she is not happy, and you are not happy, then why are you not talking to her? You know as well as the sun rises every day, that Annika bhaujaai would never mean this family any harm. You know that one day, the actions of one day, cannot and should not define or dictate your relationship" insisted Gauri. 

"I know all this Gauri. But I want to know...why she did it. Why she is still doing it? If she can't trust me, trust us, then how can I? It all comes down to trust, Gauri. How do I know, that she won't do this again, if I patch up with her now? Hide things from me?" Shivaay asked this questions, more of himself than Gauri, trying to reason with himself.

Yes, Bade bhaiyaa was right. It all came down to trust, and Gauri knew that very well, thinking of her and Omkaraji's equation. 

It seemed that the Oberoi brothers were really weak on the trust front. They would not listen to their hearts, because their brains were louder. 

"Maybe Bade bhaiyaa, sometimes, we should not overthink things. Just follow your heart wherever it leads you" said Gauri, thoughtfully. Shivaay gave a half-smile, more at Gauri's concern, than her words. Gauri recognized her dismissal, and left the room. 

The only way to make Bade bhaiyaa see the light, would be to find out the truth. 

*************************************

"Soumya, are you ready for this?" asked Gauri, on the phone. 

"Yes, bhaabhi, I just hope it works though" said Soumya, on her phone. 

"Okay, I'm going to divert her attention, and when I send you the missed call, you go in" said Gauri, disconnecting the call.

"Chhoti maaji" Gauri called as she saw Pinky aunty, going towards her room. 

Pinky made a face, and stopped in her tracks. She had no grudges towards Omkara, except that he was Shivaay's rival. But that didn't stop her from disliking his wife. The fact that Omkara was already married, and his wife was in the house, while Shivaay was wife-less at the moment, didn't make her happy. What if Omkara had a child first? No, she really didn't like his wife, or the fact, that she was so beautiful. 

Yuhn Hota Toh Kya Hota- Rikara FFजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें