Chapter 140

Dadi called everyone in the evening to make an important announcement of sorts.

"I spoke to Soumya's mother today, and she's coming day after tomorrow, that is, Friday to decide on Soumya and Rudra's roka and sagaai ceremony" said Dadi, smiling.

Everyone seemed happy by the news, especially Annika and Gauri who nearly clapped in excitement. 

"Panditji will come  on Friday evening, when we'll decide an auspicious date for the same. I told Panditji that Soumya will leave for the States in September, so he will try and come up with a date in the next week hopefully. During Shivaay and Annika's time, the wedding happened first, and the rituals almost six months later in May. Since, Rudra discovered his Ishqbaazi before his wedding, I want to have all proper functions for his wedding" said Dadi. 

"Yes, Dadi, my youngest brother is getting engaged, and that too, to our Soumya, everything will be grand and perfect" said Shivaay.

"I was thinking....not that its the wedding already, but we could have some fun. Maybe divide work and divide into teams? What do you think?" asked Dadi.

"Maa, we are too old for this, let the youngsters do this" said Tej. 

"You will be olds, Jethji, I'm still young. I will make a team" said Pinky, while others laughed, and Tej shook his head. 

"Ha, Ha, Pinky. True, don't be a party pooper, Tej. We will form a team. I will be in Rudra's team" said Jahnvi sportingly. 

"Me too, Jethanji. Ab toh Rudra sudhar gaya hain, (now Rudra has reformed) so I'm going to support him" said Pinky. 

"Then I and Tej bhaisaab will be Soumya's team" said Shakti, surprising everyone, but Tej nodded his head. 

"I think I'll be with my sister, Soumya" said Omkara, moving over to Soumya's side. He knew that Soumya would miss her elder brother, so he wanted her to know that he was there for her. 

Soumya smiled as she acknowledged this. 

"Ek se bhale do bhai (Two brothers are better than one)" said Shivaay, as he too joined Soumya's side. 

"Bhaiyaa?" that had really shocked Rudra, to see Shivaay bhaiyaa supporting Soumya, who stuck out her tongue at Rudra.

"Arey, why are you taking stress Rudra, I and Chutki, are on your side" said Annika, as she and Gauri moved over to his side.

Rudra's chest inflated and he made a face at his brothers to show that his side is stronger. 

"Okay, then, once we decide the engagement ceremony date we will divide up the responsibilities between the teams, and then see who wins" said Dadi enthusiastically. 

**********************************

"Rudra, I met Tia today" said Soumya.

They were in Soumya's room, discussing about their day. 

"Oh" said Rudra.

"What? Thats it? Say something more?" said Soumya, anxious to know his reaction.

"Sumo, she is your family, in a way, and why should you ignore her? I'm actually glad that you connected. And if you feel that I'll have a problem with her, then no. Shivaay bhaiyaa and Annika bhaabhi don't have a problem with her, then why should I? As long as she doesn't start on the 'Universe' I'm fine with Lady Baba, oops, Tia, I mean" said Rudra a little embarrassed.