Chapter 154

"Jiji, do you think you can go through with it? Now?" asked Gauri

It was next morning, Annika and Gauri were sitting in her room, in a dilemma. 

"Chutki, I am scared. There is not point beating around the bush. I am scared about what we find out. What if the Oberois had a hand in the fire? Then? Especially, after yesterday" sighed Annika.

 "After losing you, Saahil's been my closest support in this world. He has been the driving force of my life, for the longest time, to bring him up, to provide for him, to take care of him, that's all I thought about the entire time. More than anything I've wanted is to have full custody of him. I never thought that would be possible. But since Shivaay came into my life, everything is possible, even things that I thought wouldn't be. I never expected to fall in love Chutki, and now that I have, I can't fall out of love" said Annika in despair. 

"But why does it have to be an either and or situation at all, Jiji? Even if the Oberois are involved, why are you worried for your relationship? Bade bhaiyaa was a child that time, he is not involved, Omkaraji, Rudra, Prinku, Dadi, they all have no hand in all this. They are innocent" said Gauri.

"You don't get it, Chutki. Shivaay's fierce protectiveness is something different. Its....insane. If the Oberoi seniors are the reason why are father had to go into hiding, why so many people died that day, then how would we forgive them? And Shivaay? He would try to hide the crime, and save his family. That would undoubtedly put us in opposite sides of the spectrum. And how much ever Shivaay loves me, he would always choose his family over me, and I understand that. After all, I would do anything for you and Saahil too" said Annika.

"Have faith, Jiji, visvaas se sab theek ho jaayega (faith will make everything all right)" said Gauri. 

"Chutki, I don't want to insult your belief, but relying on....faith has never worked for me" said Annika.

"Agar hum vivaas nahi rakhenge toh kya karenge Jiji? Bina visvaas ke, toh hum marr bhi nahi sakte, toh jeena toh bahut dur ki baat hain" (If we don't trust, then what will we do, Jiji? Without faith, I can't even die, then living is unthinkable). said Gauri. 

But Gauri's words did less to convince Annika.

"Maybe we should wait, Jiji. Our uncle is coming this weekend. Lets tell him all we found out. I know he is not the greatest fan of the Oberois, but maybe he would know where we should start our search. At the least, he knows about the insurance company, maybe he can find out about who sent the photos to the insurance company twenty five years back" suggested Gauri.

That helped. 

Annika was dithering on what she should do, and leaving the thinking portion to her uncle, seemed like a good idea. He wasn't coming until Saturday, so that gave Annika a three day reprieve. 

Three days to cherish with Shivaay, without thinking about what was about to be unleashed later. 

"Good thinking" said Annika. "Well, Chutki you are getting late for work. Hurry now!" 

Gauri nodded her head, and left for work.

***********************************************

Omkara was sitting in his room, staring at the blank canvass, with a pencil in his hand. 

Its not like no inspiration came to his mind. It was more like his mind was preoccupied elsewhere. 

His father actually sang a song for his mother yesterday evening. They actually seemed happy together. Like a normal couple.