Chapter 173

Omkara was anxious since he woke up. 

He knew that Dharesh uncle took offense at what Chhoti Maa, suggested yesterday, and wanted to take Gauri back with him, but it all depended on what Gauri decided. 

He made his way downstairs slowly, afraid of what he might find out at breakfast. 

He found Dadi, his mother, Chhoti Maa, and Annika bhaabhi seated at the table. There was no Gauri or her uncle in sight. 

Would she really leave without even talking to him once? 

"Good Morning, Om beta" greeted his Dadi. Om replied in similar fashion. 

"Annika, I don't see your uncle anywhere?" enquired Pinky. 

"He left a couple of hours ago, Pinky aunty, he had an early morning flight. We didn't think it reasonable to wake up everyone to see him off" Annika smiled.

"Oh, and Gauri? Did she leave with him too?" asked Pinky expectantly. 

Dadi glared at her, why was her younger daughter-in-law like this? She was at this since yesterday evening. 

"No, Pinky aunty" replied Annika, feeling uneasy.

Omkara exhaled a breath he didn't realize he was holding. 

Gauri decided to stay after all, she wasn't leaving. He was worrying for nothing. A good start to the week. 

"Gauri didn't leave today....she will leave with me and Shivaay, on Friday this week" said Annika, shyly.

"With you and Billu?" asked Dadi surprised. 

"Actually, Dadi, there some....thing.....between Billuji and me, you know how Tadibaaz he is. So, Chutki suggested, that what we both need is some time alone. So, I finally convinced Billuji to go on a holiday" said Annika shyly.

"That is great, Annika. Shivaay has been overworking himself, and you both never got a chance to go to your honeymoon, so this will be like a delayed honeymoon" said Jahnvi, smiling.

"I guess so Jahnvi aunty. But it wasn't my or Billuji's idea, it was Chutki's" said Annika, blushing furiously. 

"Sharma kyun rahi hai puttar, tu apni pati ke saath hi toh ghoomne jaa rahi hain" (Why are you blushing, beta, you are going on a vacation with your husband after all) said Dadi, giggling. 

Pinky felt ashamed. She was trying to distance Annika from her sister and uncle, and yet it was that girl who always thought of her sisters's marriage and welfare. 

But Pinky was a mother before anything else. If that girl stayed here, and married Omkara......no, she couldn't let it happen, she had to secure her son's interest.

"And Gauri? You said she was leaving with you?" Pinky ploughed on. 

Dadi sighed, exasperated with Pinky.

"Yes Pinky aunty. We will drop Gauri at Mamu's place, and stay with him for a day at Delhi, and from there take a flight to London" said Annika.

"You both are going to London for your honeymoons? That is splendid, Annika beta" said Pinky excitedly. 

"I told Gauri to return for Dusshera and Diwali with us" said Jahnvi, pointedly to Pinky. 

She knew her sister-in-law well, and her twisted thoughts. Jahnvi cared for her son's happiness as well. 

Omkara's heart sank.