Chapter 191

"O are you there? I've been calling you for so long, why didn't you pick up?" said Rudra. 

"Sorry, bro, I was sleeping" replied Omkara, stifling a yawn. 

"Sleeping? In the afternoon?" asked Rudra.

"Long story. Was attending a wedding last night, got married myself this morning, and was held hostage by a group of gossip hungry villagers, the entire day. You tell me?" asked Omkara.

"Got married? Wait.....what? What? What?" repeated Rudra, trying to digest what he just heard. 

"Chill, I'll explain later. You tell me, I thought there was something important?" asked Omkara.

"There is but....wait, where is Gauri bhaabhi? You were sleeping....do you mean?" asked Rudra slyly.

"Shut up, Rudra. She is in the other room, still undergoing interrogation by those annoying ladies. I can't believe the first thing you ask me, hearing about my marriage, is this" Omkara rolled his eyes. 

"But thats the whole point.....anyways, as to why I called. You hadn't called at all in the last ten days, so I was just reassuring myself that you are alive. Also, I think the police caught a break, and they might have found out where Roop bua and her cronies are hiding. I am going with them today to nab her" said Rudra. 

"That is an amazing news, Rudra. But...brother will you be able to...." asked Omkara, hesitatingly. 

"Handle it? I think I can manage O. You and Shivaay bhaiyaa have shielded me a lot, let me also do some herogiri now" joked Rudra.

"Idiot! But be careful Rudy, that lady has killed so many people....I am worried for you" said Omkara, concerned.

"Don't worry Om. My bhaabhis escaped from her unscathed, I can't let them down. And doesn't Dadi say that on Dussehera Ram ji killed Raavan, and good vanquishes evil? Don't worry, today is our day, rather, evening" reassured Rudra. 

Omkara nodded, and the brothers hung up their phones, simultaneously. 

******************************

True to his word, Rudra and the police were successful in nabbing Roop bua, and sending her to prison. 

Gauri was relieved to hear of the news from Omkaraji the next morning, and she insisted that they return to Mumbai immediately. 

But her mother, and the kids, wanted to spend some more time with her, as they had missed her for months. So, Omkara convinced her to stay for another week. After all, the other family members weren't returning until before Diwali. 

They went briefly to Richa's house, to pack Gauri and her mother's belongings. Omkara used that opportunity to meet a puzzled Ajay, inform him that his ex-fiancee was now married, and punch him in the face for misbehaving with Gauri.

The downside to staying back in Bareilly, was that Omkara didn't get a chance to have his wife to himself. And he was treated like some guest of honor in Gauri's house, in fact, by her entire village.

Omkara was in favor of handing over Gauri's uncle and aunt to the police for selling her into slavery, but Gauri restrained him, saying that throwing them out of Bareilly, was enough of a punishment. 

Funnily, Omkara was now occupying the room that erstwhile belonging to her uncle and aunt, while Gauri slept with the kids or her mother, in the other room. Everyday, he would wake with the sound of his wife and her kids twittering away like a flock of birds, while Gauri's mother would be scolding them for disturbing her "jamaai raja's" sleep.