Chapter 172

Pinky bore no ill-will towards Jahnvi's kids, but unfortunately her love for her son, often impelled her to take steps to secure her son's interest. 

In this case, she had noticed that there was some cold vibe between Shivaay and Annika, ever since they returned yesterday. But Annika, naturally, was spending time with her sister and uncle. 

Gauri. Pinky had no personal issues with that girl, but she posed a dual problem. 

One, she took up a lot of Annika's time, especially recently, since they set on the path to discover their father's truth. It seemed selfish of Pinky to think like that, when the girl had actually united Shivaay and Annika, who were separated due to Pinky's planning and plotting, something she regretted now. But that was past. 

Another issue that bothered Pinky was Gauri's closeness to Omkara. 

Everyone in the family knew that whatever be the status of their marriage, fake or dissolved, Omkara was close to this girl. Initially, Pinky thought that Tej Jethji would refuse the alliance, so she needn't worry. But Jethiji had increasingly submitted himself to Jethani's wishes, and Jethaniji loved Gauri. She wouldn't hesitate to make that girl her son's bride. 

It was not that Pinky had any objection to Gauri and Omkara's marriage. That boy had suffered a lot, he deserved to be happy. 

What she had a problem with, was the timing. Pinky made no bones about that fact that she wanted Shivaay as the heir of the Oberoi empire, and after him, she wanted his son to continue that line. If Om marries and then begets an heir before Shivaay......no that was a complication Pinky wanted to avoid. 

She saw Dadi chatting with Annika and her uncle. 

"What ares happening?" asked Pinky, as she sat down with them. 

"Nothing, Pinky aunty, we were just showing Dadi, some of the childhood photographs my great uncle managed to save from the fire. See?" said Annika joyfully.

Pinky pursed her lips and smiled as she saw the photos. 

"I don't see Gauri anywhere?" asked Pinky, looking around. 

"She has gone to school, its Sunday today, she'll return in sometime" informed Annika.

"Yes, thats very nice for Jethaniji to help her complete her studies. People usually don't care so much for their daughter-in-law's relatives" remarked Pinky.

Dadi glared at Pinky, and sent her an admonishing glance, while Annika felt hurt and uncomfortable. 

Dharesh raised his eyebrow. He knew woman like Pinky well enough. It was one of the reasons he never married; he didn't want Durga to feel slighted by her potential sister-in-law or see herself as a burden on her brother. 

"Kalyani maaji, I was wondering if Gauri could stay with me for a few weeks? I have missed out on these girls childhoods. Annika is married and has responsibilities to attend to as bahu of this family, but my Chutki is still there for me, to spend some time with her for a few years. She reminds me so much of Durga, she looks a lot like her" said Dharesh. 

"But....but Mamu, Chutki and I just reunited months back, if she leaves with you...." said Annika.

"Annika, its anyways not right for girls to stay over at their sister's sasuraal (in-laws' home) for long" said Pinky. 

Diwali had come early for her, she wasn't expecting Annika's uncle to play in to her so easily. 

"Phatte Munh, Pinky! Gauri is like our own family, Jahnvi loves her, Shivaay sees her as his sister, your words do them no credit" scolded Dadi.