Chapter 96

Rudra was having the toughest time of it all. 

Om had seen difficult situations before, had faced troubles before, but for Rudra this was the most trying time he faced, the last time he was this worried, was when Shivaay bhaiyaa was shot. Seeing Shivaay bhaiyaa, who was like a father to him, break down like that. Shivaay bhaiyaa was a shell of his past self, existing but not living. Hurting Annika bhaabhi hurt him the most, and what killed Rudra inside was that he knew what separation would do to his brother and sister-in-law, but he still had no option but to support Annika bhaabhi in this. Sometimes he wondered whether he and Om should have pleaded with Annika bhaabhi not to do this, to not ruin their relationship. They would have taken care of Shivaay bhaiyaa if Chhoti Maa would have revealed the truth about illegitimacy to him. 

Rudra wanted to talk about this to Soumya, but he couldn't because he promised Annika bhaabhi, he won't. He also felt Soumya was meeting her mother after a long time, having a good time with her, he didn't want to ruin her happiness. He was consciously giving Soumya space to think about his 'proposal', whatever it was, hoping against hope that she will give him a chance. 

His phone buzzed, it was Chubby. Rudra's only source of comfort, apart from O, was Chubby. "Hey Chubby, what's up?"

"Rudy, if you are free, can you meet me the park near our college?" asked Chubby.

"Chubby, of course I am free, unless our results come out, and my internship starts, I'm mostly just switching between home and office, not really doing much, you know that" replied Rudy.

"Cool, then see you in a while" said Chubby and disconnected the call. 

"Weird" said Rudy, and made his way to the park. Why the park, though?

Rudy rode his bike to the park, and started looking for Chubby. All this was so....unrealistic of Chubby. It made no sense whatsoever to Rudra, but then he abided by the 'bro-code' religiously, so he would do whatever his friend said. 

Rudy walked around the park which was pretty empty except for one lone girl sitting on a bench under a lamp post, facing away from him. He couldn't see Chubby anywhere, and his phone was busy, so Rudy thought that maybe he can ask this girl if she has seen Chubby.

"Hello? Excuse me? I am looking for my friend, a slightly fat..." started Rudra. 

"Slightly healthy, sounds better, and she's also smart, sensible and pretty" replied the girl turning to face Rudra. It was Soumya. 

"Sumo?" Rudra was surprised, because she was supposed to stay at her mother's for a month, and a week was still left. 

Soumya got up and hugged him, with a huge smile on her face. "Surprised you right?" she asked.

"Yes, you did, but I'm glad, but also...you are here? What about Pune? And what about...Delhi?" Rudra asked hesitantly.

"Well, I thought and thought, and  then thought some more. First, I decided no, but then I changed, then I again I changed my decision, and kept on oscillating. And then thought why not? I was worried about this long distance thing, and whether we could make it over five years, and I think that if I don't try, I'll never find out. And I don't want to miss on something good, only because I was too cautious and worried it might fail" said Soumya, looking up at Rudra with hopeful eyes.

This time Rudra engulfed her in a hug, with all the affection and warmth he felt for her. 

"But Soumya, what happened to Delhi?" asked Rudra, pulling back slightly.