Chapter 197

Three and half years later.....

Soumya appraised herself in the mirror

All those years in the States, away from her paranthas had impacted her, and she had lost quite a few kilos. 

Although, secretly she was happy about it, outwardly she maintained that it didn't matter to her. Rudra, however, seemed unhappy about it; he preferred his healthy Sumo. 

The upside to this was that she looked wonderful in her wedding lehenga. 

Yes, today was her wedding. 

Soumya still couldn't believe that it had all happened so quickly. Well, not that quickly since she and Rudra were engaged for years, but still they hadn't actively planned or even thought of their wedding. 

Until Rudra popped the question, out of the blue, on New Years. 

There they were sitting on the roof of Soumya's apartment building, overlooking the celebrations, and he just asked.

"Sumo, will you marry me?" 

"What?" 

"Just say 'yes'. We've known each other long enough, we've been engaged for so long, and we love each other. What more is needed? Lets get married. Say yes, please?"

"Okay. Yes"

And here she was all decked up as a bride, their wedding planned in one month. 

Her mother came to take her downstairs. Tia and Robin were also invited to their wedding, though only Rudra, Om bhaiyaa, Gauri bhaabhi, Jahnvi aunty, and Tej uncle knew the truth about her being Soumya's sister. Svetlana wasn't here, for obvious reasons, but she did sent her wishes, from Italy. 

The moment she reached the mandap, will be engraved in her memory forever. 

Rudra looked almost blessed, that they were getting married. Soumya remembered her brother, who would always tell her that good things are just waiting to happen to her. She hoped he would be happy to see her from above, residing somewhere in the stars. 

Om and Shivaay felt emotional. 

"I am almost feeling like how felt those years back at Prinku's wedding" said Shivaay.

"Its so sad, that she couldn't come, but Dev is right, its her last month of pregnancy, traveling is not advisable" said Omkara. "Shivaay, are your eyes wet?"

"Don't mention this to Rudra. It's because of the fire" Shivaay made an excuse.

"No, its because Rudra is like your baby. You, Shivaay, are his real father" said Omkara. 

Just as Omkara had predicted, Rudra asked Shivaay to do the rituals from his side, as his father figure. 

Rudra and Tej's relationship was rather good, but Tej did not begrudge Shivaay the right to participate in Rudra's wedding, because he accepted, and was grateful to Shivaay for nearly bringing Rudra up.