Chapter 118

Jahnvi finlalized the arrangements for the havan and ratjaga today. 

She remembered what her mother had advised her yesterday. Jahnvi felt a little cowardly going to her mother, instead of her father, with her marital woes. She knew that her father would probably discourage any reconciliation with Tej, and her mother, being more traditional is likely to suggest patching it up with him. This only meant one thing: that Jahnvi's traitor heart wanted to stick to her marriage even after all that had transpired. 

Was it weakness of character, that she was inclined to forgive to him? Certainly it was. But it was only Tej's actual guilt and trying to make up for his past, that had somewhat melted Jahnvi's heart. But this time Jahnvi will hold her own in the marriage, she had something else in her life to look forward to, so not for a moment will 'saving her marriage' be the only reason why she sticks to this marriage. Her kids were grown up, so holding up her marriage for her kids wouldn't be a concern either. 

This time she would not surrender her self-respect for love, because it was undeniable that even after three decades, her love for Tej hadn't faded. Love was a disastrous emotion, Jahnvi reflected. It takes away all agency from a person, and makes them helpless in the face of the tiny hope of all the joy that it can bring. 

Omkara's eyes followed Gauri around the mansion: when she helped Jahnvi with the preparations, when she talked to Annika bhaabhi and Rudra, when she spoke on the phone, everywhere. He was helpless to do so, and at the same time helpless to explain her why he was like this, why he couldn't communicate with her without confusing her any more. He hoped that somehow she would sit next to him during the havan, but it looked like she outmaneuvered him, to have Rudra to sit between them. He knew Rudra; his brother was going to sit next to Prinku as he wanted Chulbul bhaabhi to sit with O. But Gauri was too sly for his little brother. Omkara smiled at this. 

Gauri managed to sit next to Rudy bhaiyaa. Gauri was sure Rudy bhaiyaa with thinking of sitting on the other side of Omkaraji, with Prinku, but she brought Prinku to her side, and asked Rudy bhaiyaa to sit down as the havan was about to begin, ensuring that he sits between her and Omkaraji. Gauri didn't want another interaction with Omkaraji until he gives her some answers. She didn't like this scenario at all: this, him taking all of her and giving none of himself, wanting her to have faith in him, while he didn't trust her completely. This was not a fair bargain, and Gauri was practical enough to admit that ek tarfah rishta nahi nibhta (one-sided relationship doesn't work). 

Pinky looked over Shivaay and Annika participating happily in the havan. They were starting the havan as they were the youngest couple in the house, and the eldest in their generation. In other circumstances, Pinky would have been really happy, to see her son, the eldest son of Oberoi family do the havan with his wife. But look at the circumstances....she herself had destroyed everything with her very own hands. When she saw Annika struggling for life, that's when she realized that she almost had a life on her hands, because of her madness. Her insanity, that she would share Shivaay with no one, because her entire life she had only her son. And even her son didn't love her, like Omkara loved Jahnvi, her Shivaay was just obligated to her because she was his mother. And why was it like this? Because she had taught Shivaay that everything in life is a deal. When she saw Shivaay falling in love with Annika, her soul inflamed with rage: her son never loved her, free of any preconditions. Pinky had made peace with Shivaay choosing his brothers over her, because they were after all his brothers, but despite everything she did for her son, the one woman he truly loved without any obligation was Annika. And that made Pinky mad. Now that she looked back on her months of insane planning, she realized how foolish she had been, she should have been happy that her son found love, unlike herself who never did, instead she sought to take that away from him. Pinky sighed, maybe Shivaay won't talk to her ever again.