Chapter 145

The family had started preparing for Rudra and Soumya's Roka, on Tuesday morning. 

Annika and Gauri eagerly exchanged ideas in the morning, before Gauri left for work. Jahnvi and Pinky sat down with Dadi to draw up the guests lists.

On the other side, the boys started their preparations in full swing. Shivaay and Om, spearheaded all the work, while Tej and Shakti were engaged in arranging the manual labour necessary for the function. 

In the back of his mind, Tej was still confused about what they planned to do about Soumya's connection with Svetlana. He and Jahnvi had not come to a solution yet for this problem, but they went ahead with the engagement anyways. 

Rudra was cheered by the thought that his parents were enthusiastically participating in the preparations for the ceremony which probably meant that they had accepted Soumya's biological connection with the Kapoors. He conveyed the same to Soumya.

"Do you really think so, Rudra? But what if they have no issue with me, or my real identity, but with Svetlana?" asked Soumya, worried.

"Then we'll have to see what we can do. We told them all the truth, lets see what happens now. Anyways, we'll have to leave now for our internships. But in the evening, we're going shopping" said Rudra excitedly. 

"Rudra, stupid, I am not going shopping with you. I'm going shopping with Aaiee and Annika didi. You are going shopping with Bade bhaiyaa and Bade Baal vaale bhaiyaa" chuckled Soumya.

"Why? This is discrimination based on gender" pouted Rudra.

Soumya giggled, and said, "Rudra, I think Aaiee and Annika Didi will be able to help me better pick an outfit. Pinky aunty wanted to come along as well, but Dadi, wisely, involved her in something else. If you want, Pinky aunty can go along with you, to help you" said Soumya slyly.

"No thanks" shuddered Rudra, thinking of Chhoti Maaji's 'blingy' choices. "I'm better off with my brothers, and I think I'll call Chubby as well" 

"Well, then, there is no problem" said Soumya, as she winked.

*************************************

It was lunch break. Gauri was sitting in Jahnvi's office, as her group worked from the latter's office.

"Maaji, what conclusion did you come to?" asked Gauri hesitantly.

"I don't know, Gauri, I don't know" said Jahnvi. "I really like Soumya, and she is perfect for my son, honestly, even as Rudra's mother, I would say that I never expected Rudra to find someone as good as Soumya for himself. But he did, and I am happy for him. At the same time, I don't like this situation. I sometimes wish that Soumya was not related to Svetlana, because how can Soumya feel happy getting married to the boy, whose family put her elder sister in prison, even if she didn't know about her biological family, and knows that kind of woman Svetlana is."

Gauri nodded slowly.

"What bothers me more, is that after our sessions with the counsellor, Tej and I discovered that the problem in our marriage was not so much infidelity as was the entire 'family aspect' of it. Due to rivalry within the family, Tej and I decided to have our first child, Om, but instead of a child bringing us closer, it created a barrier between us. We were fine, till I was a part of the business, and then one day, we both forgot Om's birthday. He was a child, and we felt terribly bad about it. So, I stayed back home to care of him, but that increased our distance. Our mothers suggested us to have another kid to bridge the gap between us, but Rudra and Prinku, its not their fault, but they increased the distance between us. Once I was permanently saddled with kids, there was no going back to the sweet time for us. Our counsellor felt that the problem was that Tej always looked at Om as his heir, and not his kid. That's why he never shared in parenting Om. And we compounded our problems by having two more kids, when we couldn't even take care of one properly, just paving way for the breakdown of our marriage" Jahnvi sighed as she said all this. 

Yuhn Hota Toh Kya Hota- Rikara FFजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें