Chapter 110

Omkara was finding it hard to believe. 

After Gauri rushed from his house two days back, post-the gym incident, she didn't contact him or anyone at all. For a moment, Omkara even doubted whether she might have been a little hurt, by him and Rudra laughing slightly at her misinterpreting the English word. But he knew Gauri had a better sense of humor than that. 

Om wanted to talk to her after he poured his heart out to her that day, but what stopped him was her lack of reaction, until she paired up with Rudra to help him out. He was overjoyed for some reason that Gauri cared for him, now he had to move in her direction. But he didn't know how....until she messaged him the afternoon. 

'Omkaraji, can we go somewhere in the evening? I want to show you something'

Omkara texted back a 'yes' immediately, not bothering if Gauri was taking him to Khandaala. 

He was going downstairs right now to meet her. Apparently, she had already co-ordinated with Khanna to get a car ready for them to leave.

He saw her, wearing white, her dupatta catching in the wind behind her, waiting for him.

"I'm sorry I'm late" said Omkara.

"No, you aren't, you are before time, and so am I, because I am excited to show you something" said Gauri, the excitement radiating from her face. 

Omkara didn't say anything, but he hoped it wasn't anything strange considering how twisted Gauri's plans were sometimes. 

"Chaliye Omkaraji (lets go), you are driving, because of course, I don't know how to" said Gauri, giggling at her own stupid joke. 

Its like there had never been any awkwardness between them ever, that they had always been this friendly....casual all their lives. 

Omkara started the car, and brought them on the main road. Gauri started giving him the directions, and talking nonstop on the side about her day and giving opinions on things they saw on the road. 

"The food in Mumbai is too sweet. Look at that chaat vaala, he's putting too much meethi chutney (sweet chutney) in the gol gappa. Gol gappas in Mumbai, just don't have the tangy and spicy twist of Golgappas in UP" said Gauri shaking her head. 

"You know they call Golgappas, as Panipuris in Mumbai?" said Omkara, smiling to goad her further. 

"Yes, of course, that's what they will, as there is more paani (water/liquid) and less stuffing" Gauri clicked her tongue. 

Omkara didn't laugh out loud, but his eyes twinkled. 

"How much farther?" asked Omkara.

"Just a little bit more Omkaraji, yes, there, turn right" said Gauri. 

After half an hour of driving, they reached a backside of some dockyard, on the outskirts of Mumbai.

"Gauri, what is this place?" asked Omkara, a little worried.

"Arey, Omkaraji don't worry. Yesterday Dandi bhaiyaa worked in a shoot, in this place. He called me up and told me to meet him here, we were planning to visit some place from here. And that's when I noticed" said Gauri, her face glowing now. 

"Noticed what?" asked Omkara, curious. 

"You'll see" said Gauri, and pulled him to the beach. 

Omkara looked around but he didn't see anything special. The sky was darkening now. But Gauri looked upwards anticipating something. 

Omkara looked at the sky too. It was a beautiful, clear night, the stars twinkling on the sky like caught on a net, and the moon slowly becoming perspicuous as the time passed.