Chapter 39

Omkara and Chulbul reached the school well before lunch time. Omkara got down from the car and re-checked the address of the school with the one Joshi had texted him. It seemed to be the same. He felt like he was standing at the edge of a cliff, the mystery of this kid will decide whether Omkara had been played or not, by Ranveer.

"Ab ka lenge chalne ka? Kalash rakhe ka aapke pairon ke saamne?" [What will it take for you to move? Should I keep a kalash in front of your feet (a newly wed bride strikes the kalash with her foot before entering the house of her husband)], said Chulbul mockingly.

Omkara rolled his eyes. "Lets go to the Principal's office." he said. 

The school was a Catholic boarding school, which according to Omkara, felt a little rich to afford for a single IPS officer, from humble origins. Did Ranveer have that kind of money?

They entered the Principal's office, and the Father sitting there, looked up from his papers. Omkara explained who he was, and why they were there to look for a child who studied here. Though the Father was suspicious, as Omkara didn't tell him the entire story, he took a look at the photo saved in Omkara's phone.

"Yes, that's one of the students, Dhananjay Mukherjee, who studies in the first standard. He's in class right now, do you want to meet him?" asked the Principal. 

"No, no its okay, we just wanted his details, his bio-data." said Omkara.

"And may I know why you want his details? We don't share personal information of our students, even though you are from a reputed business family, Mr Oberoi." said Father.

Omkara didn't know what to say to this, as the Father was right in his place.

"Oh you see Mr. Oberoi is helping me." Chulbul intervened. "Actually some weeks back a child was kidnapped from our village in UP. The police in our zila traced the child till the railway station, where it looked like the kidnappers took him to Mumbai. Beyond that they refused to help. Since, I was coming to Mumbai, the family requested me to look for their child in the city. And I met Mr. Oberoi in Mumbai, who agreed to help me out, after listening to my story. Thats why we are here in search of this child, because your student looks a lot like the child who got nabbed from my village." sounding extremely sad, almost bringing up a tear or two.

The Father's heart also softened listening to this story. "May God protect people from such evil. I'm sorry son, but I don't think the child you are looking for is Dhananjay. Look here are his details, and his mother is posted in nearby only. I'll call her up to meet you today, I suppose she will be coming anyways, since its the weekend." and saying so the Father handed Omkara the child's file, and excused himself to make the call.

"Chulbul, that's the second lie you've told today, and this one is a big lie." whispered Omkara, angrily in an undertone.

"And the lie which your sister's future husband told her and you, to blackmail her into marrying him? That the child was almost an orphan, with no father and his mother in coma? That's not a big lie? I just told one lie to expose another. Even Krishn bhagvaan said in Mahabharat that resorting to unfair tactics in war is justifiable to defeat evil, especially when the other side is using them too. There is no kid who has been kidnapped in my village, so its no harm done." said Chulbul.

Omkara wanted to argue more, but the file in front of him took up his attention.

Ward: Dhananjay Mukherjee

Father: Indrajeet Mukherjee

Mother: Ratna Mukherjee

Birthplace: New Delhi