Chapter 106

Gauri woke up early in the morning as usual. She didn't expect to be awake so early, after yesterday's party but old habits die hard. She looked sideways at her mother sleeping peacefully next to her. 

Everyone had been extremely nice to her mother in the Oberoi mansion, except well of course, Chhoti Maaji, but nobody really paid her any attention, not even her own son Shivaay, who had now started referring to her as Mrs. Oberoi whenever she confronted him. 

Jahnvi maaji and Annika bhaujaai especially, were excited to meet her, because she was Gauri's mother. Even Omkaraji's Nana and Nani, who had arrived late to the party, were glad to meet Gauri's mother. That Gauri had in such less time earned the affection of this family, made Gauri feel really lucky and grateful to Shankarji. 

No one mentioned Gauri and Omkaraji's now-dissolved marriage, because Jahnvi maaji had told them before hand that Gauri's mother knows nothing about this. 

After the party, Omkaraji himself drove them to Dandi bhaiyaa's house, because Gauri had refused his request to stay back at the mansion. Gauri had also insisted that he doesn't need to drive them home himself, but at that point he had steadfastly held his own. 

Back in the chawl, Dandi bhaiyaa and his friends were elated to meet Gauri's mother, and regaled her the rest of the night with their tales from their drama or movie shooting, or how much of a hit Chulbul was. Gauri's mother was a little shocked to learn of Chulbul, and scolded Gauri lightly for always being rather naughty for a girl, but she gave up when Dandi and others laughed their heart out about Chulbul's antics. 

Gauri took a bath and got ready as usual. Her heart was full of positive emotions and optimism as she thanked her Shankarji for everything he had bestowed upon her. Despite the lies, the Oberoi family was so kind to Gauri, and she had found closed ones among them. 

The only thing that made her slightly uneasy was her equation with Omkaraji. What was their relation? The undefined nature of their relation made Gauri queasy because she saw no point in pretending that he was just her savior and a good human being, no, that mile had been crossed long back. 

Gauri's thoughts were interrupted with her mother and Dandi bhaiyaa waking up. Gauri wanted to skip school, to stay with her mother, but her mother insisted that she attend because she should not miss out on any classes, and Dandi bhaiyaa also supported her saying that he would entertain her mother till then. So, Gauri packed her bag and left for her classes.

***************************

Rudra knocked on Soumya's door. 

"Ready?" he asked, as Soumya opened the door. 

"Rudy? I thought I had an hour" said Soumya, as she was still in her PJs, just about to go for a bath.

"Sumo, you promised me the weekend. Yesterday went in the party, and we have only this Sunday, tomorrow your internship starts, and we'll have less time together" said Rudra pouting.

"Aww, I'm exhausted after yesterday's party, but give me twenty minutes, I'll get ready soon" said Soumya, and hurried to the washroom.

"Ten minutes" Rudra called after her, and went to his room.

Forty-five minutes later, Soumya knocked on Rudy's door. Rudy, eagerly opened the door, and his jaw dropped to the floor. Its not that he had not seen Soumya dressed up before, for the hundred functions they had at the Oberoi mansion, but since they had started dating she looked extra pretty to him. Soumya was wearing a red flowy dress with a denim jacket over it, and had straightened out her fringe to look a little different.