Chapter 136

Soumya woke up early. 

It was only five am. She looked outside her window, it was still pouring though it had slowed down to a drizzle. She hardly got any sleep last night, and it was no surprise that she woke up early today. 

Though she was awake she didn't feel like stepping out of her blanket. She curled up under it, and thought about what happened yesterday. 

After recovering herself from the shock that Mrs. Kapoor gave her, Soumya rushed from that house. She couldn't bear to stand one more second with Mrs. Kapoor, for she could not bring herself to call her mother, and the crushing weight of the truth. 

She, Soumya Tendulkar, was actually Soumya Kapoor, who was Svetlana and Tia's younger sister, the youngest of the Kapoor sisters. 

Soumya didn't know where her rushing feet were taking her, until she finally stopped to catch a breadth. She saw her surroundings, they were familiar. It was same park where she and Rudra often met, where they had confessed that they like each other and starting dating. 

It was kilometers away from Mrs. Kapoor's house. On a normal day, Soumya wasn't able to last on a treadmill for even half an hour. And today, in her agony, she actually ran so many kilometers without even realizing. The human mind was strange, how it converted her pain into subconscious energy.

Soumya sat down on the bench and started thinking about everything that happened today. She didn't realize how much time had passed in her running and introspecting, until she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up to see Rudra standing. 

"Soumya, what did I tell you last time about receiving my calls? I was so worried. I called you so many times but no response. I waited till afternoon, but when it got too much I started looking for you. I knew this might be where I find you. I...." but Soumya cut off Rudra's tirade.

"I met my m...biological parent, Rudra" said Soumya, her voice sounding strange to her. 

"I know, thats why we went there, didn't we? Are you fine Sumo? You sound weird" said Rudra, sitting down next to Soumya, looking concerned. 

"Rudra....I have two siblings, two sisters" said Soumya shakily.

"But thats good, isn't it? We can meet them as well. You found an entire family Soumya" said Rudra, smiling.

"You know them, Rudra" said Soumya, her heart beating fast.

"I...I do? Who is it? Someone from college, work? Someone we met at some party?" asked Rudra curiously. 

Soumya took a deep breadth, and calmed herself. 

"Rudra.....I have two elder sisters. The one just above me is Tia.....and the eldest sister is.....Svetlana. They are both Mrs. Kapoor's daughters. And so am I" Soumya choked on the last word. 

Rudra thought this was a bad joke, but Soumya's face showed that she was dead serious. Anyways, Sumo had a better sense of humor than this. 

Then the truth really sunk in. Rudra wasn't hit so much by Tia being Soumya's sister, if Shivaay bhaiyaa and Annika bhaabhi had forgiven her, than he didn't care either. But Svetlana.....that woman, she was the reason why his mother attempted suicide, she was the reason why his family almost broke up, his brother went through so much trauma, she...she was a villain in their lives. And Soumya was her sister......

Soumya looked at Rudra's expressionless face. What was he thinking?

Rudra got up suddenly. He didn't blame Soumya for this, she didn't choose her family, she didn't even know about all this. She was not at fault. But.....this was too much information to process. Rudra wanted to say something, but he didn't know what will come out of his mouth...so he just looked blankly at Soumya, and mumbled "I'm sorry" and ran from there. He needed time to think.