Chapter 125

Annika was pacing the hall in the morning, waiting for Saahil to come from his boarding school.

It was Rakhi tomorrow. After yesterday night's party, she had been very exhausted, but she had been looking forward to this weekend. Annika was secretly relieved that Gauri was not going to be home in the mansion this weekend. She loved her sister, but she loved Saahil too, and she knew that ever since she found Chutki back, Saahil must be feeling neglected. So, this weekend she would spend wholly with him, setting to rest any insecurities he might have had. She saw Omkara coming from the opposite direction. 

"Bhaabhi, have you seen Gauri anywhere?" asked Omkara. 

Since, it was Saturday, Om expected that Gauri won't have any work today, and he would be able to spend the day with her, if she agreed. After yesterday's dance, he hardly got a chance to talk to her again, because she and Annika bhaabhi were besieged with requests from friends and guests who wanted to know every detail of their 'long lost sisters meet again' tale. Omkara didn't begrudge them their moment, but he did feel slightly disappointed that beyond a dance, he could utilize the opportunities an Oberoi party presented. 

"Om, she has gone to meet Dandi. He is returning today. She'll be spending the weekend at his house, since its Rakhi tomorrow" said Annika, a little apologetic. 

She wished Chutki would talk to Omkara; she felt bad to put in a position where she had to answer Omkara's queries and see his disappointed face that Gauri herself didn't tell him anything. 

"Oh...oh yes. I..you must be waiting for Saahil. I haven't seen him for a long time now. I better go and buy presents for Prinku and Soumya" said Omkara, looking a lost. He had been hoping to use this as an excuse to spent time with Gauri, but well, she already had plans. 

"Om" said Annika, a little concerned, placing her hand lightly on Omkara's shoulder. "You trust your bhaabhi, no? Everything will be fine" said Annika, giving her devar an understanding look.

Omkara understood. He nodded, and smiled slightly, making his way back to his room. 

Omkara recollected how during their so-called marriage, he used to remind Gauri that everything is fake, and the marriage held no value, though she never insisted that it did. And now that she was in the same house, but still distant, he felt morose that she never let him in her life. 

Omkara sighed. The fact that he was not a part of his life, was his own fault. He was the one who shouted at Gauri, that she was no one to him, so now he had to suffer for his anger, and realize how it felt to be no one in her life. 

********************************************

Gauri listened wide-eyed to all the tales that Dandi bhaiyaa narrated to her. She was part of his journey for a while, but the latter half of his trip sounded more fun. Since, tomorrow was a half-day at her school, due to the festival, she would get more time to spend with Dandi bhaiyaa. 

After a while, Dandi said, "Enough about me, tell me what happened with you all these days. We didn't get a chance to talk after that phone call."

Gauri told him everything that transpired, from reuniting with Annika Jjii to how they pieced together parts of their past. 

"Hmm, Sister, have you considered that there might be something fishy that might have happened twenty-five years ago? I mean think about it, your father worked in Oberoi company, the mill caught a fire, he didn't die in the disaster thankfully, but he took his family and vanished into thin air, without telling anyone?" mused Dandi bhaiyaa.