Chapter 115

Annika and Gauri didn't realize when they fell asleep talking about their pasts: how Annika was adopted by Sahil's parents, how Gauri had to look after her mother since a young age after her father passed away, how Annika took care of Sahil and shielded him from his abusive Bua, how Gauri's chaacha chaachi ate off her money and she had to protect herself and her mother from them, how both sisters had to face immense struggles in life to be finally find some joy today. 

Annika wrapped her arm around Gauri's head protectively like she used to do when they were kids. Both slept content after a long time, that old nightmare would not invade their dreams anymore, because they had found each other. 

Next morning, Gauri woke up early as usual. She kissed her elder sister on the forehead, and went to take a bath and then pray at the temple. Annika woke up to find Gauri gone, but Shivaay in the room.

"Thank you, Shivaay" said Annika 

"For what?" asked Shivaay, surprised.

"For everything. A year back I was just existing, not living, just existing to bring up Sahil well. But then I met you, and through you and this family, I have known so much love, affection and acceptance. And yesterday my life was complete. I found my little sister again, who I never hoped to meet. You, Shivaay, found her, but more than that you resurrected hope in me again. I had given up on hoping, on being optimistic, but Shivaay, your determination to do anything for your loved ones, for your family, for me, brought my sister back to me" said Annika, her eyes moist. 

"Annika" said Shivaay, as he hugged her and comforted her. 

"I think I need to talk to another person, who I might've unintentionally hurt in the last few days" said Annika, as she made her way to the bathroom to get ready. 

*************************************

Omkara was pondering about the misery the two sisters had to face throughout their life. 

He knew Gauri struggled with nightmares, just like he did, and now he knew the reason. He knew what troubled her, haunted her sleep. He hoped that now she would be able to sleep peacefully. 

Yesterday was the first night, he had actually properly slept. Ever since Gauri had left, he fell asleep only out of exhaustion, and for very little time. He only painted, and painted like a madman. But now that she was back, he could sleep peacefully. 

Shivaay had slept in his room last night, but Omkara could feel Shivaay fidgeting the entire night. However much Shivaay might have said about allowing Annika and Gauri their "alone time", he missed Annika. Omkara smirked to himself thinking about that. 

He hoped that he will be able to talk to Gauri today; their unfinished conversation from yesterday was eating at his mind. He didn't want her to form any wrong ideas about the exhibition: she was the reason for his exhibition because she was his inspiration. It was so simple, why didn't she understand? He knew from her eyes, that she misinterpreted Annika bhaabhi's words and thought that his exhibition was a way to lure her to Mumbai, because Shivaay and Annika were looking for her. He wanted to correct that impression, how could she think so? Didn't his paintings clearly convey what he felt? 

Annika's knock broke into his thoughts. 

"Bhaabhi? How are you? I am so happy for you" said Omkara warmly. 

He and Annika had always shared a warm and mature relationship. The last few days had been rough for both of them, both were pining for the same person. 

"Om, I'm sorry" said Annika. 

"Sorry? For what?" Omkara asked surprised.

"These last few days....have been tough on you too....I was just thinking of my pain....and in my frenzied state I subconsciously blamed you for Gauri leaving, because she left after her fight with you....I'm so ashamed now....." Annika stammered.