Chapter 139

Shivaay called Gauri to his room in the morning. 

"Kya huya Bade bhaiyaa? (What happened Bade bhaiyaa?) asked Gauri, looking at Annika Jiji, who also seemed at the sea, like Gauri. 

"I have found a little confirmation" said Shivaay. 

Annika and Gauri looked puzzled at him.

"I had Khanna and my men search through all the hospitals in the area near your home. We finally found out the hospital where Annika was born. Here I have her birth certificate" said Shivaay, handing it to Annika and Gauri. 

Annika saw her birthdate. She was born in July, twenty eight years back, to Mr. and Mrs Harshvardhan Trivedi. Her eyes started brimming with tears. 

"Jiji, your birthday went away last month" said Gauri, disappointed. 

"Chutki, I got my best birthday gift last month, I found you back in my life" said Annika, kissing her sister's cheek. 

Gauri eyes also went moist. 

"Now that we have Annika's definite birth proof, next we'll find Gauri's" said Shivaay. 

"Bade bhaiyaa, thank you but I'm happy with this only. I never expected to find Jiji, but I did, what more can I ask for?" said Gauri.

"Aren't you curious, Gauri? And Annika also, aren't you both curious to know if your parents are alive?" asked Shivaay.

Annika and Gauri didn't reply. They looked at each other, and knew that the other was going through the same thoughts.

"What? What are you both not telling me?" asked Shivaay.

"Shivaay, we...we don't remember much of our parents. Whatever memories I have, start from the temple where Chutki and I were begging for food, and the good man who took pity on us, and later dropped us at the orphanage" said Annika. 

"And?" pressed Shivaay.

"Bade bhaiyaa, its just a.....feeling, but we both can feel it that our parents are no more. I don't even remember an outline of my mother, and maybe something very indistinct about our father. I only remember our time at the orphanage. But we know.....we know that our parents, would've tried to find us if they were alive. Which parents would let go of their daughters?" said Gauri.

"You don't know Gauri. Maybe your parents separated from you, or they got trapped or something. And you can't feel that your parents are no more, after all Annika did think for a moment that that Nayantara was her mother" said Shivaay.

"It was not about Nayantara, Shivaay. I honestly, just wanted to believe that maybe I have a past, an identity beyond the one I made for myself. But even then I knew there was no real hope" said Annika morose.

"Well, like I said, I am going to find out what happened after your family rushed from that house, twenty five years ago. I have asked Khanna to locate your relatives on your father's and mother's side. Surely someone would know something. Its surprising actually that we announced in the press and threw such a huge party about your reunion, yet no one has come forward with any information" said Shivaay, thoughtfully.

That had surprised Gauri too. She was genuinely puzzled, it had been weeks since that party, yet no one came forward with any information. Why? Surely they should've had someone with some clue about them, they must have had some relatives. 

Why was there a lull about their identities?

**************************************

Soumya was daydreaming about her engagement at her office, when her phone beeped.