Chapter 175

Omkara didn't realize when or how he ended up in his room.

He was so happy this morning, eager to share the good news with Gauri, and his feelings, so he secured both of them, and boarded a morning flight to Delhi in the morning. 

But when he rang the doorbell at her Mamu's place, it was answered by his servant, to inform him that neither Gauri nor her Mamu were at home. 

Om couldn't contain his feelings, he wanted to meet her now, so the servant informed him that they had gone to meet some friend of Gauri's from Mumbai, who had come to Delhi. Apparently, this friend was someone really important. Omkara took the address of the cafeteria and made his way there. 

He was mildly curious who this friend was because Gauri never mentioned anything about any friend. Maybe someone from her work, or maybe it was Dandi, yes, that was one person Gauri was really close to, and someone she would want her Mamu to meet. 

But it wasn't Dandi who was bending over their table. 

Omkara couldn't believe his eyes when he saw that man, that same man who had been dropping Gauri home all those nights before she left for Delhi. He was Gauri's 'friend'? The 'important' person who came all the way to Delhi to meet her? 

Omkara stood at the entrance of the cafeteria, as if his feet were glued to the earth, and watched the scene play out. 

Gauri and her uncle, folded their hands in greeting, and that man held their hands to stop them. 

His Gauri, who felt awkward shaking hands with Rudra and Soumya's friends, who told Omkara that she could not imagine dancing with those college boys, that man was so easily holding her hands. And it didn't stop at that. 

Gauri's uncle gifted a box of sweets to that man, and Gauri.....she handed him one of those many cloth pieces which he and Gauri had worked on, those which were based on her design that she was so proud of. 

Gauri glowed in admiration and awe looking at that man, and even Dharesh uncle gave him his blessing. That man came all the way from Mumbai to meet them.

This could only mean one thing. Dharesh uncle was approving this man....this match, for Gauri. And it was clear that Gauri liked him....

Omkara took a step backwards. 

He saw Gauri turning slightly, as if she felt his presence from so far, but then she shook her head, and returned to the conversation. 

Omkara wasn't needed there, he felt suffocated, as if he was struggling to breathe. 

He went back to the main road, and hailed a cab, to take him back to the airport. He booked the first flight back to Mumbai, using his surname, something Omkara hated, but Delhi had become unbearable for him. 

The moment he reached his mansion, he ran up the stairs, to his room, banging the door behind him.

Gauri had promised that she would stay with him, never leave him. Always. 

And she broke her promise the first instance she left Mumbai.

Omkara felt insurmountable anguish in his heart, like he would like nothing better than the sky falling upon him and crushing him to death. How could she do it? 

His pain flowed out as anger, as he swiped his hand across his shelves, throwing away all his paint bottles. 

"Om" came a whisper from his door. It was his father. 

Thats all he needed to make things worse now. 

Omkara didn't bother to say anything to him. He just looked away.