Chapter 117

Jahnvi decided to work from home today, since it was end of the week, and she didn't feel like going to the office today. Also, her parents were visiting today, so she had an excuse ready to stay back, she thought to herself as she smiled. 

Nana and Nani learnt the news about Gauri being Annika's long lost sister, and came to the Oberoi mansion for greeting the sisters on their reunion. 

"Arey, Nanaji, Nanji" exclaimed Gauri, as she saw them entering in the morning. 

Gauri was thinking of returning to her guest room, after breakfast, avoiding any more encounters with Omkaraji, when she saw them entering. 

"Gauri beta, we are so happy for you. We came to congratulate you and Annika, as soon as we were able" said Nani warmly, as Gauri took her and Nana's blessings. 

Annika also entered there at the same time, and they blessed her as well. 

"Achcha, all love for my daughters, and what about me?" said Jahnvi jokingly, as she entered the hall, to meet her parents. 

The five of them sat down and had a good chat, and soon they were joined by everyone else except Tej and Pinky. 

Eventually everyone left for work except Dadi and Omkara who went back to their rooms, Omkara furtively looking back at Gauri, who paid him no attention. 

Annika saw Pinky on the sidelines, as she was leaving, watching the gathering, and feeling excluded from it all. She felt bad for her mother-in-law, and wanted to do something to make everything fine between her and the rest of the family members. 

Jahnvi retreated to her room with her mother; she had something important to discuss with her, leaving Gauri behind with Nana. 

"Maa, there is something important I wanted to discuss with you" said Jahnvi, as she shut door and sat down on the bed, alongside her mother.

"From your tone, I can guess that its about my son-in-law" said her mother, with contempt. 

"Maa....I don't know what to do" said Jahnvi.

"You know I feel guilty for asking you to stay in this marriage despite all you faced. If that fire was serious that day.....Jahnvi, you should know, whatever decision you take, this time your parents are standing right behind you. Don't think about anything else" said Nani, holding her daughter's hands. 

"Maa...thank you. This means a lot. I've been thinking. The Restitution decree which Omkara got from the court, ended days ago. Yet neither Tej nor I have taken any further step. We are not compelled to stay together anymore. Tej freed Omkara from the contract weeks back. He promised that he wouldn't leave me, though he would accept my decision if I decided to divorce him, but he's not going to marry again. Maa, what do I do? How can I forget the years and years of betrayal I suffered at Tej hands? I put up with all of it, for love, for my children, but now that I am not that person anymore, I find it difficult in me to forgive him....and yet....I know he is repentant. He really cares for his kids, beyond his own desires. All these days when I was worried about Omkara, he was there for Rudra and Priyanka, and he also sent his own people to look for Gauri, even though he doesn't like her, for Om's sake. He's really making an effort, but...." Jahnvi breathed out, in despair. 

"I think, my dear, you need to see someone who can advise you better on this. One of my friends told me about marriage counsellors. Why don't you and Tej visit one?" suggested her mother.

"Maa, at this age? Wouldn't it be awkward?" asked Jahnvi.

"I expected better from you Jahnvi. You rejoined business at this age, made a name for yourself again, and you are wondering what will people think if you see a counsellor? Now is the best time to decide whether you want to give your marriage a final chance or you want to break off all ties full and final" said her mother.