Chapter 146

Svetlana was lounging in her prison cell. Yes, lounging, because nothing got Svetlana worked up. 

She should could plot revenge anywhere, so why not here? The only thing that bothered her, was that after meeting her youngest sister, something stirred in her heart. After years. 

When Tia had turned twenty, Svetlana completely shifted her focus to avenging her dead father. Since then, it had been a decade that Svetlana had thought of anything else. But she hadn't gone into a fever craze. No, she was cool, collected and smart about it. Except that currently the Oberois were flourishing while she was rotting in prison. 

Svetlana didn't want to dwell on that thought. She will find a way out of prison, like she had found a way to make prison hospitable. Or at least, hospitable enough to live. 

A prison guard broke into her thoughts. "You, chalo, there are some people here to meet you" she announced.

That puzzled Svetlana, who would come to meet her? 

The guard took her through some circuitous route to some room, which was cut off from the rest of the prison. Svetlana went inside. The room was empty save for a table and three chairs. Svetlana sat down on the chair opposite the other two. She assumed that a couple of police officers would be coming to interrogate her. About what now? 

But surprisingly it was her newly found sister.

"If you are here to tell me to drop my planning against the Oberois, then that is not happening, little sister" said Svetlana. 

"Well, since you are not going to listen to me, I've got someone else to talk to you" said Soumya, as she sat down opposite Svetlana.

"And who do you think will change my mind?" snorted Svetlana.

"Me. I hope" said Gauri, as she entered the room, after Soumya.

"You!" Svetlana shrieked as she sat up erect. "You sent me here on a false charge, and you think you will convince me to do anything? Fat chance"

"Calm down, lets not say no so soon" said Gauri, as she sat down opposite Svetlana. 

Svetlana pursed her lips but kept her peace.

"I am curious. Why are you so hell bent on getting revenge on this family? Because you lost your father? But didn't he end his own life? Even if you blame the Oberois for this, isn't it getting too late now? You tried so many times, for years, if you've been failing again and again, don't you think its a signal from God that you give up on your vendetta?" said Gauri.

Svetlana laughed out loud, and for long. 

"Signal from god? You are every bit the village bumpkin I thought you were. Only fools believe in God. You had a stroke of luck getting the better of me, but soon I will re-emerge to take you down" said Svetlana. 

"Me too? But I am unconnected to the Oberois. My only connection, is my sister, Annika Jiji, who is married into this family. I assume you've been keeping up with news from prison" said Gauri. 

Svetlana smirked. At least, this girl didn't underestimate her. 

"You might be unconnected to the Oberois but you did help them. So, you'll have to pay the price for that. I will ruin the Oberois, and that includes you, as well as your sister" said Svetlana.

Soumya was distraught. She was ready to give up, but Gauri held her hand, under the table. 

"Will you? And how will you ruin people, who are already ruined?" asked Gauri, softly.