Chapter 163

Rudra entered his mother's office in the afternoon, he woke up at midday, since he was up late skyping, and thus missed all the family drama in the morning. 

"Sorry, Mom, I am late" said Rudra, as he sat down, after his mother nodded at him to enter.

"Thats okay, Rudra. Though I would appreciate you coming on time. My own son coming late won't set a good example in my office, which is just growing" said Jahnvi. 

"You are right, Mom. I just need to figure out this skype thing with Soumya" said Rudra, slightly pinching his forehead. 

"Hmm...these are small issues, as long as the bigger matters are sorted between you two, the smaller inconveniences will not be a problem" said Jahnvi. "So, what did you think about my manufacturing unit?" 

"Its good, Mom, I have some ideas, though I don't know how effective they are going to be. Can I discuss them with the head of the unit?" asked Rudra.

"Sure, son. I am glad that you've found some direction in life" said Jahnvi.

Rudra could feel that while his mother's voice sounded sincere, there was some emotion her eyes were trying to hide.

"Mom, are you fine? Is something bothering you?" asked Rudra. 

"No, I'm just a little tired" said Jahnvi.

"I'm sure you can take an off today, I'll handle the work, if you allow" said Rudra.

"Thats so sweet of you, Rudy, but its not work, its something else" said Jahnvi, evasively. 

"Is it Dad?" Rudra suspiciously. 

Like his elder brother, whenever their mother looked upset, they knew somewhere the source of that was their father.

Jahnvi sighed. 

"Yes and No. Yes, it is related to him, but no, its not what you think. Tej didn't hurt me, or even intend to. In fact, its not even related to me per se. But its so long ago, that I don't know what being angry at Tej can accomplish" confessed Jahnvi.

"I don't understand, Mom" said Rudra, utterly confused. 

"And I hope you never do, beta. I hope it never comes to this, but my heart tells me everything is going to go so wrong" said Jahnvi. "Rudra, just....just would you excuse me today? Mr. Srinivas is the head of the manufacturing department. You can discuss your ideas with him." 

Rudra was concerned for his mother, but if she wanted some peace, then he won't pester her. 

On his way, out of her room, he wondered what was so big, that had his mother so worried? 

***************************************

"Pssst....Bade bhaiyaa" Gauri whispered, as she saw Shivaay entering the living hall, back from office. 

Shivaay looked around furtively for his wife, and making sure she wasn't around, went to talk to his sister-in-law.

"Thanks for the help, Gauri, truly you are an angel" said Shivaay.

"I hardly did anything, Bade bhaiyaa. Its all your work" said Gauri. 

"More like the work of the makers, but okay I'll take credit for it. I'm planning to gift it to her tomorrow night" said Shivaay.

"Good thinking. How are preparations for the service going on?" asked Gauri casually.

"They are fine. Listen Gauri, I hope your uncle does attend, despite our cold meeting that day. You would talk to him, right?" asked Shivaay.