Chapter 123

"Wow....that was a lot" said Shivaay, and Om and Rudra nodded their heads, as Annika finished telling them what happened. 

"I think Gauri is right Annika, you both did the right thing going to the Land Registrar's office. Now its confirmed that Mr. Harshvardhan Trivedi is your father. Who would have thought that your father would be an employee in my family's business? We were always fated to meet, Annika" said Shivaay warmly.

Rudra coughed. "Bhaiyaa, since when did you become so cheesy?" teased. Rudra.

"You should talk, Rudra, who was the one almost close to tears just a few minutes back?" teased Omkara. 

"Yes, yes, gang up against me, O, you always pair up with Shivaay bhaiyaa. But now I've found two bhaabhis and what's more, they are sisters. Now the Trivedi sisters are going to be in my team" said Rudra, as he hugged Annika from the side, and Annika nodded, smiling. 

"By the way bhaabhi, where is Gauri bhaabhi?" asked Rudra. 

"She had some work, so she went to her work after dropping me back home. She should be back now" said Annika, looking a little worried. 

"Don't worry Annika, Gauri took the car, maybe she got stuck in the traffic" said Shivaay.

Omkara heard them vaguely. It was late evening. 

On one hand, Shivaay was right, Gauri could be stuck in traffic, on the other hand.....

**********************************

Omkara just came here on a hunch. 

He had seen her in this beach once, during the three weeks when she had left the house, after the Sangeet. He remembered the time when he was upset by the conditions at home, with Shivaay's despair, and his own mind was in turmoil, and how he used to often steal glances of Gauri in the temple. He had felt connected to her from much before, its only after their time under that starry sky, did he realize how deeply. 

He surmised that today might have been difficult for Gauri finding out about her biological identity. Omkara had seen the photo that Annika bhaabhi had brought with her, of herself and her parents. 

It was evident from the photo, at least to Omkara's artist eyes, that which sister took after whom. Annika bhaabhi resembled her father, tall, slightly dark complexioned, the same jaw, that twinkle in her smile. They had no idea what Gauri looked as a kid, but she had grown up to become a copy of her mother. Same large, doe-shaped eyes, the near translucent skin, prominent jaw, petite physique. Anyone could put her photo side-by-side her mother, and see the startling similarities.  

From the photo it seemed that Annika bhaabhi was three when the photo was taken. It must have been taken before Gauri was born. But at least Annika bhaabhi had found some tangible memories of her past, Gauri didn't have such luck. What happened to their family after they left, rather ran from, their house?

Omkara's thoughts cleared when he saw who he was hoping for. 

Gauri was standing near the shoreline of the beach, staring at the waves, the water slightly splashing on her feet. 

"Maybe you should stand back a little. The Met department said the rains could cause the sea to overreach its limit" said Omkara, softly behind her.

Gauri jumped a little. She didn't expect him here, of all people. Was there no place she could escape from him?  

"What are you doing here? Don't tell me its a coincidence" said Gauri.