Chapter 155

Annika and Gauri had given up thinking about what would happen when their uncle returns, if he persuades them to go ahead with the search, what will be the results, what would they discover....they rather spent their time focusing on their present which seemed worthwhile. 

"Chutki, you look....excited this morning?" asked Annika, as Gauri came down for breakfast.

There were only two of them, others were absent. 

"No, Jiji, I am fine. In fact, you look excited this morning" said Gauri, throwing the ball back in Annika's court. 

"Er, nothing" said Annika.

"Let me guess, nothing is Bade bhaiyaa doing something romantic for you" said Gauri, with a sly smile. 

"Not really, Shivaay and I are just going to my old chawl this evening. We had another crazy bet yesterday night, on whether he would be able to live on a fixed amount of money, like how I used to live before being married to him, or before landing a proper job here as his wedding planner" said Annika. 

"Jiji, you look victorious already" said Gauri. 

"Thats because she has forgotten that Shivaay Singh Oberoi never loses" said Shivaay entering the dining hall, followed closely by his brothers. 

Omkara rolled his eyes, while Annika and Rudra snorted.

"We'll see about that Billuji. Rudy, do you think your brother can live like a 'aam aadmi'?" said Annika, trying to control her laughter. 

Rudra replied without missing a beat "No, I don't think bhaiyaa can manage." 

This earned him a glare from Shivaay, to which Rudra reacted by shaking his head vehemently, when Annika was looking the other way. 

Soumya came down for breakfast as well, and sat down next to Rudra. 

"What are you guys planning for today? Soumya, how's packing going?" asked Annika.

"Progressing slowly, bhaabhi. I think, I don't want to leave so soon, but I'm also excited about the States" said Soumya. "Its the last day of Rudra's internship today, so we were thinking of heading out with Chubby and others this evening."

"Rudra, I completely forgot about your internship ending. How was the whole experience?" asked Shivaay.

"Its okay bhaiyaa, you were busy with work, and now you are not single" Rudra winked, as Shivaay rolled his eyes. "What surprises me is that O also seemed preoccupied. What were you busy with, O?" 

Soumya elbowed Rudra, it has been months and still she hasn't been able to teach Rudra how to be tactful. 

"Painting" replied Om, not looking at his brother. 

Rudra raised an eyebrow, while Annika smirked looking at her sister.

"So, tell us Rudra, how was the experience?" said Shivaay, sliding over the awkward moment to help out Om.

"Good. Lets see what they write in the internship recommendations. I really want it to be good, I want to.....impress Dad, he actually seemed the most invested in this" said Rudra, unexpectedly. 

Shivaay and Om, were taken back by this. 

But if he had to be honest with himself, Om knew that Mr. Oberoi was making efforts to win over Rudra. That Rudra would actually believe his father, was something Om didn't expect.