Chapter 151

Annika and Gauri spent most of their Sunday, ruminating on the issue in their hands. 

Should they trust this man or not? Dharesh messaged Annika, and asked her and Gauri to meet him on Sunday evening. Annika decided that she will drop off Saahil at his boarding school and proceed to meeting place, where Gauri would join him after her Sunday school classes. 

"Jiji, don't worry, I've been thinking and really how worse can it get? Its not like we expected our parents to be alive, and as for this family being involved......" Gauri was cut off by Annika.

"No, this family has given me so much affection and acceptance, Shivaay has given me so much love, he has found you for me, no, I completely refuse to believe whatever our 'uncle' says. Maybe he is confused, or maybe he's lying" said Annika.

"Most probably, Jiji. You don't worry. Just.....just make sure that Khannaji is aware and silently keeping a look out for anything suspicious when we meet that person this evening" reminded Gauri, before she left for her Sunday school. 

**************************************

Omkara was thinking the entire weekend about what he overheard. 

He wasn't scared at the prospect of what his mother was suggesting. He was just scared about what Gauri felt about this. He wanted to be sure of her thoughts, but he had no way of ascertaining that, since most of Saturday Gauri was locked up with Annika bhaabhi, and early, on Sunday morning she left for her school. Omkara decided the best opportunity to talk to her will be after school. So he decided to pick her up after school. 

But Gauri wasn't there in the evening. 

Some classmate of Gauri's informed him that she had already left for home, almost fifteen minutes before classes actually got over. 

Omkara was puzzled. Annika bhaabhi and Gauri seemed perturbed by something the entire weekend, and today Gauri left early to go somewhere. 

Maybe he should talk to Shivaay about this. But that would also mean infringing on Gauri's private space, and that was something Omkara didn't like. 

Then what should he do?

***********************************

Gauri reached the off-beat coffee shop just in time, and spotted her Jiji sitting on one of the corner tables looking anxious. 

"Jiji, sorry, I hope I wasn't late" said Gauri. 

"No, no Chutki, you are on time. The man hasn't shown up yet. Oh, wait, look he's coming here" said Annika sitting up straight. 

Dharesh was walking up to them. 

Annika and Gauri didn't know whether he should greet him as their uncle, or not. And the confusion plainly showed on their faces. Dharesh interpreted their awkwardness correctly.

"You both still don't trust me" he said. It was a statement. "I am not surprised, in fact, a man coming out of the blue and claiming to be your relative, that too in a secretive meeting like that....I get it. So, this time I got some proof to convince you."

Dharesh sat down at their table. 

From his clothes and general demeanor, Gauri guessed that he was financially well off. Even their father had a good job at the Oberois and lived well, as evidenced by their old house in Mumbai. 

While she and Annika Jiji had to struggle to make ends meet. The strange hand that fate plays. 

Dharesh brought a huge folder of photographs and documents.